Scroll to see replies

Original post by sydneyl3igh
So happy! Went from BBC to A*AA and met my offer for Warwick :biggrin:

That's awesome, congrats!
I take 3 subjects all are the new spec so only did mocks this year. I got
Psychology = C
Economics = C
English lit & lang = B

The two C were really close to B's and I have been getting B's & A's in economics all year.
I want to do economics at uni and need ABB. Will I even be predicted this?
Original post by OriginalLifelin
Thanks for the advice! Feel so lost right now have nothing planned.

You will be fine. I understand that you will feel pressured because of all the excitement going on. When things settle, you should focus and plan yourself to achieve what you want.

Good luck.
IM SO LATE WITH MY UPDATE!!!
Got AAB and I'll be studying Philosophy at King's :biggrin:
missed like 50+ pages on this
A*A*A*, I'm off to Durham in September!!!
Reply 9385
Does one have to declare all their new specification AS grades on UCAS despite the fact that the AS exams will have to be retaken in year 13 along with the A2 exams?
Original post by AKRYL
Does one have to declare all their new specification AS grades on UCAS despite the fact that the AS exams will have to be retaken in year 13 along with the A2 exams?

How is that possible? Im sure the grades DO NOT GET accounted for?
Got into Surrey for maths with ABB (A in math) when AAA was required :eek:, I was very close to an A* for math and A's for my other subjects, do you guys reckon they took this into account?

Also, just to add, I was 3 UMS off an A in chemistry, is it worth going for a remark?
Reply 9388
Original post by the.chantele
How is that possible? Im sure the grades DO NOT GET accounted for?

I believe they do not count towards the final A2 grade, however, I am unsure whether they have to be declared?
Anyone with experience in CAS ? I have a question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
AQA Eng Lit was harsh this year!

Oh wow! Congratulations! Enjoy Iceland or Manchester. I'm sure both will be brilliant.

That's the spirit - it may not be what you wanted but sometimes the scenic route can be just as interesting.

Yep, I don't think it has hit me yet, but when it does will cry or whatever but will not let my depression or my predicted take over. I know what I want and I want to get it. :yep::yep::wings::wings::wink2::wink2:
Original post by postexamtalk
Got into Surrey for maths with ABB (A in math) when AAA was required :eek:, I was very close to an A* for math and A's for my other subjects, do you guys reckon they took this into account?

Also, just to add, I was 3 UMS off an A in chemistry, is it worth going for a remark?

If you're in to University, don't bother with the remark :nah: . In 3 years time, no-one will even pass a second glance at your A-levels, and it's worth saving the money :tongue:

Congratulations at your placement though! :party:
Original post by Joeyy113
How do you mean?? I was looking to drop it anyway, as it's an AS. Just wondering what sort of impact it would have on my application and wether to get remark?

Sorry maybe I'm not understanding you properly??
ahaha

:smile:

Oh, if your in As now going into A2 depending on the subjects you are taking the grades you get this year will become your predicted grades, and the will have to "retake" the exams again next year but the template and the questions will be different; as you will have to go in more depth/more essay questions.
Your grades will impact your application from what I see, they were decent/high grades so congrats!!

What will you want to remark?
I wrote this message before but am pasting it again just incase some people have missed and can get some more suggestions.
I really need help and im really frustrated so i got into my firm however because i hadnt completed these DBS checks and forms to fill in before late june it means now that i cant get in this year and would have to defer my place till next year. However i didnt receive any email or anything through the post saying anything about these forms to complete however others unis did send this to me and i did complete and send it.The uni has said they have sent it and there isnt anything they can do since they are "full". I feel its unfair that i cant go because of these checks that i didnt receive that apparently cannot be done retrospectively. Is there anything i can do appeal? I really need some help
So after crying my eyes out for pretty much the whole day I feel a lot better about everything now as I got an offer from Leicester for neuroscience 😊
Reply 9395
Original post by Lularose83
So after crying my eyes out for pretty much the whole day I feel a lot better about everything now as I got an offer from Leicester for neuroscience 😊

good stuff!

gratz!

Congratulations! :h:
Original post by Nirgilis
If you're in to University, don't bother with the remark :nah: . In 3 years time, no-one will even pass a second glance at your A-levels, and it's worth saving the money :tongue:

Congratulations at your placement though! :party:

Thank you for your reply kind sir!
Original post by Yua
good stuff!

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest