Original post by Nirgilis
Congratulations! :h:

Thank you, everyone on tsr has been so kind and helpful 😊
Just wanted some advice on what to take next year. I got

Maths A 262/300
Geography A 190/200
Biology A
Chemistry B

I'm buzzin' about my results, and want to study Biology at uni, but was wondering would it be better taking Geography over Chemistry and most likely get a higher grade, cause hoping to go to a top uni, or is it kind of essential to take Chemistry, I do like Chemistry and at this rate I'm considering all 4, but I doubt anyone would advise that.

Any advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
I was just wondering when are we gonna get our student finance thanks
Reply 9403
I got into Uni of Birmingham to do chemistry.
I met my offer of ABB and passed my A2B essay.

A CHEMISTRY 514/600
B MATHS 468/600
B BIOLOGY 423/600

Biology was the craziest i went came from a D but did a resit and killed it. Hope everyone is happy with what they have.
Original post by Qcomber
My offer from Imperial was A*AA but i got A*A*B and was rejected :frown:

I'm afraid A*A*B is just not the standard for computing at Imperial, and very much doubt they will overturn their offer. People have been rejected with better.

I do hope you have an insurance.
Original post by Lularose83
Thank you, everyone on tsr has been so kind and helpful 😊

It's what we're here for! :awesome: . Revel in your spotlight, just for a little while longer :adore:
Reply 9406
Original post by RadonGhost
Just wanted some advice on what to take next year. I got

Maths A 262/300
Geography A 190/200
Biology A
Chemistry B

I'm buzzin' about my results, and want to study Biology at uni, but was wondering would it be better taking Geography over Chemistry and most likely get a higher grade, cause hoping to go to a top uni, or is it kind of essential to take Chemistry, I do like Chemistry and at this rate I'm considering all 4, but I doubt anyone would advise that.

Any advice?

Do both no question IMO

if you're aiming for imperial/oxbridge then certainly do chemistry

for geo 190/200 is so high that even if you do poorly at A2, you'll have an A overall.
Reply 9407
So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?
Reply 9408
I need help. My AS grades are BCC and i cant get into the mindset of being satsified with my C's.I'm really considering sending them for a remark but one of the C's is 12 marks away from a B. Do you think its possible to go to a B?
Original post by Aph
So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?

Ha.

No.

Original post by ajamal
I need help. My AS grades are BCC and i cant get into the mindset of being satsified with my C's.I'm really considering sending them for a remark but one of the C's is 12 marks away from a B. Do you think its possible to go to a B?

It won't be possible to improve by 12 marks be remarking, sorry :nah: . Unless the examiner sneezed and accidentally skipped half of your paper... :holmes:
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I wrote this message before but am pasting it again just incase some people have missed and can get some more suggestions.
I really need help and im really frustrated so i got into my firm however because i hadnt completed these DBS checks and forms to fill in before late june it means now that i cant get in this year and would have to defer my place till next year. However i didnt receive any email or anything through the post saying anything about these forms to complete however others unis did send this to me and i did complete and send it.The uni has said they have sent it and there isnt anything they can do since they are "full". I feel its unfair that i cant go because of these checks that i didnt receive that apparently cannot be done retrospectively. Is there anything i can do appeal? I really need some help

Hi,

sorry to hear that. It is a strange story that I think you should appeal or write a formal letter with supporting evidence if available. You should also seek to contact someone with authority like the Head of Department or a University Professor in your course. they may intervene on your behalf.

If you got into your firm choice, then you got in and they cannot be full. The UCAS system is a contractual agreement and once you meet your grades and the conditions attached to your offer, then I don't think that they can turn you down or defer your course, if it is not agreed by you.

If you can visit your university, then I suggest that you do that and put your case forward in person. Sending emails and phone calls may not be that effective. You should also show that you completed the DBS checks for other Universities and that you DID NOT receive the check forms from your firm choice.

If all goes against you and you feel that you want to defer your course, then feel free to do so. However, you must ensure that you have exhausted every option from your point of view.

It is also weird that they did not send your reminders to complete the forms, if it claim that they sent the forms to you. Ask them to show you the evidence that they sent you the email to complete the DBS checks.

Good luck though. I hope it works out well in the end.
Original post by ajamal

basically i got the exact same as u but BCCC but my two Cs were 1 and two marks away from a B and B was 4 Marks away from an A and my teachers just about allowed me to send them for a remark give it a go unless the C is close to a D
Reply 9412
Original post by hashman
basically i got the exact same as u but BCCC but my two Cs were 1 and two marks away from a B and B was 4 Marks away from an A and my teachers just about allowed me to send them for a remark give it a go unless the C is close to a D

So how did you in your remark or did you just send it recently?
Original post by DDan123
Just did this, thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome! I remember being in the same situation last year trying to figure it all out so I'm happy I could help!

The year goes so quickly, make the most of it and have a great time :biggrin:
Reply 9414
Ha.

No.

It won't be possible to improve by 12 marks be remarking, sorry :nah: . Unless the examiner sneezed and accidentally skipped half of your paper... :holmes:

I hope not!!! I wouldn't be awful but I could totally see this being all a dream.
Reply 9415
Ha.

No.

Not even in maths?🤔
I got CCC dunno if thats good or bad 😂😂😂
Original post by Jeffrey99
I got CCC dunno if thats good or bad 😂😂😂

I had that last year but walked away with an ABB this year so... not at all xD
So I'm still kinda numb.

Got my B in maths which I wanted after the hell I've been through the past few years. However, due to EC's I didn't complete my biology or psychology exams this summer, and instead will be finishing them next summer. As mentioned previously on this thread I believed my results sheet to be incorrect as it gave me an overall grade for A2 biology of a B, but turns out Edexcel just gave me this grade in light of my EC's without me doing the exams, which I was not expecting as I really did not think they did this even for the worst EC's.
Even though it's all over now I've been checking into this thread for so long I still feel like I need to revisit...

Quick Reply

Latest