The Student Room Group

He didn't pay for the first date/meet up

tbh we didn' even plan to go for dinner- it was a meet up and smoke weedhash thing but we ended up going to nandoes- and he didn't pay for me
yes to second date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
tbh we didn' even plan to go for dinner- it was a meet up and smoke weedhash thing but we ended up going to nandoes- and he didn't pay for me
yes to second date?

I say yes.

It is the 21st century dont expect men to pay for you
By that logic, he should be at home now contemplating the same thing, considering you didn't pay for his meal either.

It's not 1950 anymore, you're just as capable of paying for things as he is.
Reply 3
Give him a second chance
Reply 4
Jesus ****ing christ! Is this really what goes round in some peoples heads when they're dating?
yes to second date?

Why should he? Giiirrrll it's the 21st century, you can make your own bees now
Ditch him.

Girls only deserve men who give them all their credit cards + their codes.
Who says this was even a date? Guys don't have to pay on the first date anyway.

When I first meet up with a guy I don't always consider it as a date. Its usually just time for us to get to know each other with no added pressure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely not.
Original post by Andrewsmiith
By that logic, he should be at home now contemplating the same thing, considering you didn't pay for his meal either.

It's not 1950 anymore, you're just as capable of paying for things as he is.
This
Yes to second date. He wanted to spend time with you, didn't he? That's a good thing.

I know a lot of men like to pay for a first date, I would personally do so myself, but there's a lot of advice on the internet not to do it now-a-days. *shrug*
Reply 11
I remember I once went on date, ending up taking the girl to KFC [...I know]
and I almost didn't even pay for the girl. We got to the till and she kept saying "so who's paying..." and I could tell by her tone she wanted me to pay. Reluctantly I eventually offered to pay.

I was a bit annoyed at this girl cause she actually came out with no money.
but i decided to let her off cause she was only 18 and unemployed.

Always be prepared [and able] to pay your way ladies.
yes to second date?

You are a woman who can get a job.
He has a job, you have a job.
BOTH PAY.

Original post by Anonymous1502
Definitely not.

Women work, women want equality YOU PAY
depends, did he ask you out on the 2nd date? if he did then go and see if he pays, if he doesn't want to pay then ask him why not. and if he still refuses then that should be a no to the 3rd date
Original post by ckfeister

Women work, women want equality YOU PAY

why are you generalising? how do you know they ALL want equality or that they all work?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yungaheartz
why are you generalising? how do you know they ALL want equality or that they all work?

why wouldn't they want to work?
Original post by ckfeister
why wouldn't they want to work?

we still have women becoming housewives/stay at home mothers to this day so evidently not all women plan on working.
Reply 17
Smoke weedhash, date?
you're an absolute disgrace - why objectify him for his money? why should he have to pay you if *you* wanted to see him too? what universe is this? and what year? what pains me the most is that you probably call yourself a feminist
Reply 19
Now I ain't saying she a

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending