The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh oh god, I cannot believe they're a week away. Tbh I would love to get them now as the anxiety is killing me.
I really struggled this year, w mental health and being an overall idiot, but somehow I'm predicted A's and a few A*.

What I want: A*, but unrealistic.

What I'm predicting:
English Lit: B/C
English Lang: B
Maths: B
Physics: B
Biology: A
Chemistry: A/B
History: A*
Art: Coursework was A* but last topic was horrific so B?
Computing: A

What I have already:
Religion: A*

Actual results: ??? Pray for me, I need all B's to get into sixth form.
What you think you've got:
English Language: A
English Literature: A*/A (we had a bomb scare halfway through so that messed me up a bit!)
Mathematics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Religious Studies (Short Course): A/B
French: A*
Geology: A/A* (could be a B?)
Geography: A*
Welsh (Short Course): A*

Best Case: 9A*s, 2As
Worst Case: 7A*s, 3As, 1B

Predicted grades:
English Language: A
English Literature: A*
Mathematics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Religious Studies (Short Course): A
French: A*
Geology: A*
Geography: A*
Welsh (Short Course): A*

How are you going to open your results? In a corner so i can exit quickly if necessary!

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
Physics, Chemistry, Maths (Mechanics) and Geography [I may take French]
(edited 7 years ago)
Just uploaded the AQA 2016 papers to another thread here, check it out
Thanks @TheAnon121
Original post by TheAnon121
Just uploaded the AQA 2016 papers to another thread here, check it out

Thanks! I can now relive the independent company question. Seriously though this is brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Thanks! I can now relive the independent company question. Seriously though this is brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to estimate your grade/marks better now.

Will it guarantee the grade if I add all raw marks for A* in each unit and see if I meet that with my exam raw marks?
There's already a year 11 (2016-2017) Thread should we make ours now or wait till results day
Original post by Starlight15
There's already a year 11 (2016-2017) Thread should we make ours now or wait till results day

Now please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAnon121
Just uploaded the AQA 2016 papers to another thread
here, check it out

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColossalAtom
There's no option for Law at your school?

Uni's don't like it when you take law A Level and apply for law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not take Law if you want to do...Law? That's like saying don't take Maths if you want to do Maths at uni.

Except you need to do maths in order to do maths at a university. Law is not a subject that's done in every college and so you will be learning from scratch.
Many uni's do not like it when you take law as an A Level subject and so it's best not to take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Except you need to do maths in order to do maths at a university. Law is not a subject that's done in every college and so you will be learning from scratch.
Many uni's do not like it when you take law as an A Level subject and so it's best not to take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the clarification. Even though this was explained to me a few pages back.
Reply 1792
Not gonna bother with predictions because I quite literally have way too many mixed opinions about each and every subject, so I quite literally can't predict a grade...

Subjects (will update on results day):

Maths: ?
English Literature: ?
English Language: ?
Core Science: ?
Additional Science: ?
Religious Education: ?
Computing: ?
IT: ?
Business Studies: ?
History: ?

What I'm taking at A Level:

Computer Science
History
Business Studies
Original post by libertygrace
Am I the only one who felt like every exam went well but still feels like I'm going to fail everything ? :frown:

I feel like that as well, it's so weird and annoying ☹️
What you think you've got:
Maths - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
English Lit - A*English Lang - A*
History - A*
Drama - A*
Spanish - A*
PE - A

Best Case: 10 A*
Worst Case: 10 As or any Bs (not that these are bad results, but for me this would be underachieving and I would be disappointed)

However I only need the equivalent average of 4 As and 4Bs so even if I was to get my worst case scenario I would still get in to my sixth form. Would still like to achieve my potential though.

Predicted Grades:8 A*s and 2As

What you've actually got:
Maths - ?
Biology - ?
Chemistry - ?
Physics - ?
English Lit - ?
English Lang - ?
History - ?
Drama - ?
Spanish - ?
PE - ?

How are you feeling about results day?
Very very nervous, don't think I will have done as well as I could have which will be really disappointing. I want to do the best I can for myself but in hindsight I don't think I worked hard enough and so may have let myself down which is very very annoying.
Also I'll be really sad because about an hour before I go in to get my results I will have said goodbye to my sister as she's moving to New Zealand for a year... I don't think I'll be able to cope with that much emotion on one day haha

How are you going to open your results?
At school! We have to go in to confirm we got the grades for my 6th form so I'll probably go in ASAP, find a remote corner and open them.

What A Levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)Biology, Politics, Geography and possibly Maths

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) I've considered it! May do
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pugsofwesteros
Ahhh oh god, I cannot believe they're a week away. Tbh I would love to get them now as the anxiety is killing me.
I really struggled this year, w mental health and being an overall idiot, but somehow I'm predicted A's and a few A*.

What I want: A*, but unrealistic.

What I'm predicting:
English Lit: B/C
English Lang: B
Maths: B
Physics: B
Biology: A
Chemistry: A/B
History: A*
Art: Coursework was A* but last topic was horrific so B?
Computing: A

What I have already:
Religion: A*

Actual results: ??? Pray for me, I need all B's to get into sixth form.

I did art as well, did you by any chance have OCR as your exam board? What topic did you choose for your Year 11 exam work or did you get given one?
Original post by kate37
What you think you've got:Maths - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - APhysics - ASpanish - A*
History - A*
English Lit - A*
English Lang - A*
PE - A
Drama - A*

Best Case: 10 A*
Worst Case: 10 As or any Bs (not that these are bad results, but for me this would be underachieving and I would be disappointed)

Predicted Grades:8 A*s and 2As

What you've actually got:
WATCH THIS SPACE!

How are you feeling about results day?
Very very nervous, don't think I will have done as well as I could have which will be really disappointing. I want to do the best I can for myself but in hindsight I don't think I worked hard enough and so may have let myself down which is very very annoying.
Also I'll be really sad because about an hour before I go in to get my results I will have said goodbye to my sister as she's moving to New Zealand for a year... I don't think I'll be able to cope with that much emotion on one day haha

How are you going to open your results?
At school! We have to go in to confirm we got the grades for my 6th form so I'll probably go in ASAP, find a remote corner and open them.

What A Levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)Biology, Politics, Geography and possibly MathsAre you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)I've considered it! May do

Nice template. Where did you get it from?
Nice template. Where did you get it from?

I saw some other people use it so I copied it
Original post by Starlight15

Someone should make it soon, this results day thread is making me worried !! :h:
Someone else did OCR art? That's cool, what did you choose for the 40%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest