The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Insurance/clearing Accommodation (first years) 2016

I have been accepted into Brookes as I didn't meet the grades of my firm choice university. It doesn't really matter since I love Brookes anyway! Anyway, I had to apply for accommodation on results day only to be told that I am not guaranteed a place due to being an insurance, it is fairly likely that I will have to find private accommodation in Oxford. I was wondering if anyone else is in my situation (Insurance or clearing) and maybe we could try and sort something out as a group of first years. I thought it would be best to try and sort something before we find out if we're successful or not with accommodation on September 2nd. Please let me know if you're interested.

Matt :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Pickersm
I have been accepted into Brookes as I didn't meet the grades of my firm choice university. It doesn't really matter since I love Brookes anyway! Anyway, I had to apply for accommodation on results day only to be told that I am not guaranteed a place due to being an insurance, it is fairly likely that I will have to find private accommodation in Oxford. I was wondering if anyone else is in my situation (Insurance or clearing) and maybe we could try and sort something out as a group of first years. I thought it would be best to try and sort something before we find out if we're successful or not with accommodation on September 2nd. Please let me know if you're interested.

I would strongly suggest joining the Brookes Union Housing Facebook Group. It was set up for people in your situation. Best of luck, and congratulations on getting a uni place :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Just a heads up. I had 3 friends last year who got into Brookes as their insurance choice .... they all had to defer as there was no accommodation to be found - both through the Uni and privately. You are not only competing with years 2 / 3 but also with Oxford Uni. Good Luck.
Reply 3
Original post by buzz212
Just a heads up. I had 3 friends last year who got into Brookes as their insurance choice .... they all had to defer as there was no accommodation to be found - both through the Uni and privately. You are not only competing with years 2 / 3 but also with Oxford Uni. Good Luck.

I wouldn't worry. There are a fair few people asking for an extra housemate or two. Second and Third years (like myself) will have got their accommodation sorted a few months ago, as our results (and as such, when we knew we would be attending for another year) came out in June.
Same situation here, applied through clearing after being rejected by my firm choice uni. Haven't even received the accommodation email, so I'm still waiting for that. Hopefully there's still some accommodation available for us lot!
Hi Matt. I'm also in the same situation as you. I've had a brief look at alternative accommodation and there isn't much left to be honest, so I would really like to find something ASAP. I'm based at the Headington Campus, what about yourself? Did Brookes give you any info about private accommodation?

Alice
Reply 6
Original post by GeorgeAlanOliver
Same situation here, applied through clearing after being rejected by my firm choice uni. Haven't even received the accommodation email, so I'm still waiting for that. Hopefully there's still some accommodation available for us lot!

Original post by alisa.rebekah
Hi Matt. I'm also in the same situation as you. I've had a brief look at alternative accommodation and there isn't much left to be honest, so I would really like to find something ASAP. I'm based at the Headington Campus, what about yourself? Did Brookes give you any info about private accommodation?

Alice

I recommend both of you look at the Brookes Union Housing Group. There are still places that you can find there. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by alisa.rebekah

Alice

Hi Alice,

I'm based at Headington as well. Brookes haven't given me any info about private accommodation. I would be interested in getting something soonish (even if it was just precautionary until we know for definite if we're successful). Do you know anyone else who would be interested?

Matt

P.s. Thanks to everyone for replying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Choppie
I would strongly suggest joining the Brookes Union Housing Facebook Group. It was set up for people in your situation. Best of luck, and congratulations on getting a uni place :biggrin:

Thanks for the information. Still currently looking for somewhere to live. If you know of anywhere or anything please post it here or message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey I'm in the same situation as brookes was my insurance, And I was just was thinking the same thing :/
Reply 10
Hey guys, I'm in the same situation as you. I'm currently looking at private accommodation also. Has anyone found anything?Kharam
Reply 11
I'm just preparing for the worst. If I'm allocated random accommodation which I don't like then private can be a backup.
Reply 12
Original post by R.k_98
Hey I'm in the same situation as brookes was my insurance, And I was just was thinking the same thing :/

Tried to message you but I don't think you can receive messages. If you're interested in anything then could you give me a message?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I also tried to message you, but I think there's a problem with the private messaging system. Have you found anything yet or are you still looking?
Reply 14
What's your email? Might be easier to talk on there.
Reply 15
heya!

Im in the same situation and looking at this makes me think that the chances of getting halls accommodation near the campus is slim!
yall are saying ot get a private house as a precaution but would this mean you may end up paying for both??

But that aside im super up for sharing a house :wink:

Sabah
Reply 16
I've been accepted to Brookes through clearing so will be looking for people to share a private rented house with. Are you still looking for housemates?
Reply 17
If anyone is interested i have started a facebook chat for anyone who will be wanting to house share. DM me if you want to join and ill pass you the details!
- Sabah :smile:
Hi guys- if you are looking for a roommate please dm me!!

i am an undergraduate and i am looking for private housing too
Reply 19
Original post by Sabah97
heya!

Im in the same situation and looking at this makes me think that the chances of getting halls accommodation near the campus is slim!
yall are saying ot get a private house as a precaution but would this mean you may end up paying for both??

But that aside im super up for sharing a house :wink:

Sabah

Hey Sabah!
Im in a similar situation sadly.
I applied to Oxford Brookes via UCAS and they were supposed to guarantee me a place to stay but they didnt. I have found a 2 bedroom apartment but they told me they need someone to share with be as we both need to be on the tenancy agreement. My parents want me to live with a female (males are a last option- theyre a bit strict) dont know if you would be up for it!! :smile: let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending