The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

The 2016/17 Fantasy NFL Thread is now officially open.

Hello, regulars, newbies and people who stumbled in here by accident. This is the place for discussion of TSR Fantasy NFL for the upcoming season. Please keep all fantasy chat confined to this thread in order to prevent clutter in the American Football Talk thread. (I am aware that I probably flout this rule more than anybody else)

We are currently organising this years league. If you would like to register your interest please post in this thread. As I can't remember everyone who posted in the regular forum, please post in here again. If you were a participant in last years league please make me aware of this so I know who I'm dealing with.

I will post an explanation of how Fantasy NFL works in this space at some point in order to make this a rookie friendly environment.

Provisionally I'm thinking 10 player snake draft on NFL.com. If we get a sudden influx of players I'm willing to explore some more exotic options. As far as draft time Motorbiker has thrown out Sunday 4th September 18:00. If you are unavailable for this time please suggest another.

Let the planning, trash talk and mock drafting begin.

Scroll to see replies

Red Wright 88 choking checking in. Here to condemn multiple superstars to injury by drafting them.
I am in. After following the league vicariously through Motorbiker last season, it is my turn to join and see what all the fuss is about. My plan is to set expectations low, so that it looks more impressive if i do well.
Tebow's Third Down Conversion will be reporting for Fantasy OTAs, Draft, Training Camp and Regular Season, for sure!

I might still change the name though...I don't know.

Shunter, you're not the only one. I just hope I don't doom Julio Jones to the All-Knee team. I drafted him in another league, third overall...and it usually doesn't end well with my first rounders at all.

@Wattsy sounds good. I presume the league will be points per yard, not points per reception, yes?
Reply 4
Original post by jammy4041
Tebow's Third Down Conversion will be reporting for Fantasy OTAs, Draft, Training Camp and Regular Season, for sure!

I might still change the name though...I don't know.

Shunter, you're not the only one. I just hope I don't doom Julio Jones to the All-Knee team. I drafted him in another league, third overall...and it usually doesn't end well with my first rounders at all.

@Wattsy sounds good. I presume the league will be points per yard, not points per reception, yes?

That's the plan. HBs need value somewhere in the league. We could consider PPR/Auction/IDP if there's lots of interest in those formats.

I consigned Dez last season. Could do without a 1st round wipeout this time I have to say. Rookie season I got lucky with injuries and made the final.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Clinton-Dix Trump checking in for fantasy football and election commentary :yy:
Reply 6
I wish I could think of a new witty name, but alas I might just stick to the winning formula. Can pretty much draft any evening plus weekends. As long as we get it organised a week or so in advance I'll be prime. (Can't do sat afternoons at the moment though. Rota is not kind to me.)
Reply 7
If there are any spaces I will join.
I am in.

Same team name and will bring it up everytime there is a slightly dodgy catch ruling...
Reply 9
Original post by joecphillips
If there are any spaces I will join.

I think there will be space. I've just got the commissioner controls so I'll work out how to invite you if there is space. Do you know how fantasy NFL works or do you want a primer? I only ask because I'm not sure I've seen you in the main American Football thread much.*

On the team name front I wanted 'Bortles Kombat: Armbristergeddon' for some football anorak kudos but it was too long. 3rd string MLBs need some love too but NFL.com just wouldn't allow it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Wattsy
I think there will be space. I've just got the commissioner controls so I'll work out how to invite you if there is space. Do you know how fantasy NFL works or do you want a primer? I only ask because I'm not sure I've seen you in the main American Football thread much.*

I haven't commented on the Nfl on here a lot, I know how it works I've been in a few draft now leagues on the site.
Reply 11
I haven't commented on the Nfl on here a lot, I know how it works I've been in a few draft now leagues on the site.

Okay, PM me your email and I'll send an invite your way.
Reply 12
I'm finally in.
Reply 13
I'm finally in.

Hurray! Sorry about the length of time it took. I thought I'd increased the team number allowance but it didn't save the change so the league was technically full. Now I've edited the number and it finally worked
I am in :smile: the mighty Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell will not be stopped!
Reply 15
I'm trying to work out which teams are definitely active for the season so far and this is what I have:

Wattsy Shad Khan
Shunter Red Wright 88
Jammy - Tebow
SmashConcept Clinton-Dix Trump
Motorbiker Dez
DT Hernandez Pistol
Joe Laces Out
MonkeyPete - Supreme Leader

The three additional players from last year all have dormant accounts so are unlikely to be back, they will have received league reactivation emails so we have 2 spots going spare.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
it comes from this play last year.
[video]https://youtu.be/Mb_eXyhlHaA[/video]
Reply 17

HIPSTER FOOTBALL! I didn't get the reference so I apologise for my earlier request.

I surprised you didn't up the reference factor and go for "Laces out for Harambe"

Quick Reply

Latest