The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kazuhira
Salam bros,

Did anyone see dawah man's new 90 minute rant on YouTube ?

What do you guys think of him

W/salam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasalam

He's a waste of time imo.

He's not even a student of knowledge, can barely utter two words of Arabic and somehow he's on the 'haqq' and scholars who have studied for decades are all deviants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kazuhira
Salam bros,

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Truly heartbreaking :frown:

The unfortunate thing is, this will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enginerd.
Truly heartbreaking :frown:

The unfortunate thing is, this will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we humans have become so desensitised to the suffering of other humans that we see such images and couple minutes later we just flip the channel and forget.
Original post by ash92:)
Barakallahu feek.

When relying upon a scholar, in our capacity as laypeople, we should try to see if they go by the Quran and Ahaadeeth, if their conclusions are comparable or at least consider those of past scholars who are known for their piety and knowledge, whether they seek to distort the Quran in the guise of modernism/liberalism/westernisation of religious matters such that the usool (principles) of the science (eg fiqh - the Islamic field that relates to thoroughly understanding Islamic sources and then deriving rulings from them) are totally disregarded.

Many people seek Fatwas from islamqa.info, daruliftaa.com, Sh Haitham al-Haddad, and so on - these are people/institutions that are known to be sound in fiqh. There are also others, but the above have been mentioned as examples.

:h:
Thanks. I have seen people on here using arabic words a lot. I dont speak any arabic because my parents dont. What does it mean? Are most people arabic or do they learn it.
Alhamdulillah.
https://twitter.com/baselabuwarda/status/765903441709436928

(Turns out it was a smoke grenade, but still messed up)
Original post by guided1
Thanks. I have seen people on here using arabic words a lot. I dont speak any arabic because my parents dont. What does it mean? Are most people arabic or do they learn it.

You're welcome :h:

Sorry for not translating, it means "May Allah bless you with barakah (abundant blessing/goodness)".

A list of some common phrases and their English translation can be found in the first post of this thread - we now include it in the first post of every isoc thread.

From what I remember, most of us here are not Arab, although we have varying levels of acquaintance with the language. On this thread, the arabic terms used tend to be those in the list I mentioned :smile:
[video="youtube;PMOvHNdBMoM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMOvHNdBMoM[/video]
Reply 1791

It has been ages I have not applied kohl....
Original post by h333
It has been ages I have not applied kohl....

Lol really. I use kajal mostly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's kajal? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1794
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are they not the same thing? Well my mum got me kohl eyeliners from hajj...I applied it like a couple of times and then just left it lol. For some reason it lasts for days on my eyes...which I don't like because I want it removed easily...but even when I do you can still tell smh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by s_ahmed2

It's just eyeliner. We say kajal instead of kohl.

Original post by h333
Are they not the same thing? Well my mum got me kohl eyeliners from hajj...I applied it like a couple of times and then just left it lol. For some reason it lasts for days on my eyes...which I don't like because I want it removed easily...but even when I do you can still tell smh.

Yeah pretty much.
Yeah that's the annoying thing, it lasts a while, you have to remove it properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Yeah pretty much.
Yeah that's the annoying thing, it lasts a while, you have to remove it properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1797
Original post by HAnwar

Yeah pretty much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me I wash my eyes like several times and use various methods lol and keep rubbing to take it off..... I can't explain it you just can tell still...so I defo don't wear it if I know I am going out the day after. I have to make sure I apply a very small amount or something.
Reply 1798
Original post by s_ahmed2
Oh right, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool bless you. Do you know the name for it Bengali?
Original post by h333
Trust me I wash my eyes like several times and use various methods lol and keep rubbing to take it off..... I can't explain it you just can tell still...so I defo don't wear it if I know I am going out the day after. I have to make sure I apply a very small amount or something.

Use make up remover it's so much easier to take off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest