The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Rejected after verbal offer?

I received a verbal offer from UEA this morning. After no confirmation I rang them again at 7 to ask for a conformation email and they said it was on its way. At 7.41 I received an e-mail to say that I had not been given a place. Did they mean to send me a conformation or am I in trouble?
Unfortunately I didn't get it into track as I was awaiting conformation. I can't even call back because they are offline at the moment, could be a sleepless night.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
No because I only just tried to put it in track. All calls I had were very positive and now suddenly I get a polite no. I was under the impression that I had until late tomorrow to add to track?
Ok will do. Thanks for all your help
Original post by LouieBarletta
Ok will do. Thanks for all your help

Its because they have noobs working the phones, samething happened to me got an offer at 10 am in the morning straight after my result. So I didnt call any other unis up cause I had a verbal offer. Then in the evening I called them up similar to you and I got the same email. I freaked out because their lines were closed so I waited until morning then called. The mistake I made first time was not taking the names of everyone I spoke to because then I had no reference point but I finally found someone who told me I had accidentally been rejected so I guess the same thing happende to you. My advice is call them again unless youve found another place and I cant stress this enough either record the call or take the name and surname of every person you speak with.
We're sorry to hear this, Louie, we hope you managed to get some more information from our admissions team about what's happened. Please let us know if you have any further issues or feedback.

Quick Reply