The Student Room Group

Having issues accepting an offer for Clearing

I have until 12pm tomorrow to accept this offer and I cannot figure out how to and its really stressing me out. Wanted to change course before I start and Was offered a course through clearing and sent an email saying the following :

Dear Rajan,

Thank you for contacting
Coventry University today. Following our conversation I am pleased to confirmthat we will be able to make you an offer of a place on our BA Advertising andMarketing course, provided that you refer your application to us using UCAS Track before 12:00 on 19 August 2016.

Please note that this email isnot an official offer, and that your place is not secure until we have madeyou an offer via UCAS. We cannot make you an official offer until you havereferred your application to us using UCASTrack and the admissions team have confirmed your qualifications. UCASTrack will be available to refer yourself from 3pm onwards on Thursday 18thAugust.

Once in UCAS Track you need
to choose the course as your ‘clearing choice’. You will need to enter the UCAScourse code (N590), the institution code (C85) and the campuscode (-). The institution code will refer to Coventry University.
If you have any problems using Track you should contact UCAS on 0371 468 0468. Or if you are calling outside ofthe UK on +44 330 3330 230

If you send your UCASapplication to us after the deadline above, this place may no longer beavailable and we may not be able to make you an offer.

Before referring yourapplication to us, please make sure you check carefully the qualificationssection of your UCAS application. Ensure that it includes all the qualificationsyou have completed, including final grades for the qualifications you completedmost recently. If this information is complete and up-to-date it will help usto send an official offer through to you more quickly.

In addition please note thatwe may contact you after you have referred your application to us to requestproof of the qualifications that were discussed during our telephoneconversation. If you are unable to provide proof of these qualifications onrequest then we will be unable to make you an offer. You may be contacted andasked to provide additional information such as a Fee Assessment Questionnaireto support your application.

You can find out more aboutCoventry University on our web site at http://www.coventry.ac.uk/We have a Clearing Open day on Saturday 20th August. Go to http://www.coventry.ac.uk/clearingfor more information.

So i've been on UCAS Track for about an hour plus and cannot figure out how to. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by rajanrai

So i've been on UCAS Track for about an hour plus and cannot figure out how to. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks
When you go onto your Track, you should be able to click through to the option to enter your Clearing Choice, as requested in the email. You will be asked fo rthe uni and course codes. That you have done this it will be conveyed to the uni electronically and they will confirm your place as soon as they can. If you really can't work it out, you'd better ring UCAS in the morning and they can talk you through it.
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
When you go onto your Track, you should be able to click through to the option to enter your Clearing Choice, as requested in the email. You will be asked fo rthe uni and course codes. That you have done this it will be conveyed to the uni electronically and they will confirm your place as soon as they can. If you really can't work it out, you'd better ring UCAS in the morning and they can talk you through it.

There is no option to add clearing choice. Only to view my confirmed place and insurance choice. It is not on my page.
Reply 3
There is no option to add clearing choice. Only to view my confirmed place and insurance choice. It is not on my page.
In that case, it would appear that you aren't in Clearing! You will need to get your current firm to release you into Clearing, and whether that will be done in time for the noon deadline tomorrow is another matter. You need to ring them very first thing tomorrow morning and plead your case. If you have already asked to be released, it clearly hasn't happened yet and you will need to ask them again tomorrow.
Reply 4
Original post by Minerva
In that case, it would appear that you aren't in Clearing! You will need to get your current firm to release you into Clearing, and whether that will be done in time for the noon deadline tomorrow is another matter. You need to ring them very first thing tomorrow morning and plead your case. If you have already asked to be released, it clearly hasn't happened yet and you will need to ask them again tomorrow.

Wow this is a joke
Reply 5
Wow this is a joke
Why is it a joke?
Reply 6
Original post by Minerva
Why is it a joke?

Because I might not get the place which they offered to me all because of something with is out of my hands. It isn't fair. I just want my place.
Reply 7
Because I might not get the place which they offered to me all because of something with is out of my hands. It isn't fair. I just want my place.
Well, you appear to have accepted a place elsewhere (you committed to it when you chose your firm and insurance choices) and it is not the uni's fault - or UCAS's - that you changed your mind. Have you asked to be released?
Reply 8
Original post by Minerva
Well, you appear to have accepted a place elsewhere (you committed to it when you chose your firm and insurance choices) and it is not the uni's fault - or UCAS's - that you changed your mind. Have you asked to be released?

What? I accepted in Feb and when I called them clearly and told them that I wanted to change course. It clearly isn't my fault but whatever thanks for the help anyway.
Reply 9
What? I accepted in Feb and when I called them clearly and told them that I wanted to change course. It clearly isn't my fault but whatever thanks for the help anyway.
So your current firm is Coventry and you are changing courses there?
Reply 10
Original post by Minerva
So your current firm is Coventry and you are changing courses there?

Yes
Yes
OK - so what we have is an admissions person who doesn't understand the process. What they should be doing is putting through a course change - which has to come from their end - so that your details update on UCAS. You will need to ring the uni in the morning and ask to speak someone senior so that you can get this sorted out.
Reply 12
Yes

contact UCAS at 8 am tomorrow. Mistakes do happen.
Original post by jgjog3
contact UCAS at 8 am tomorrow. Mistakes do happen.
This is not a problem UCAS can resolve - the uni needs to make the change from their end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending