The Student Room Group

Missed my offer because one grade was an E instead of a B.

Are these ***** taking the piss?
I got a B In maths and a B In economics, and an E in further maths.
I was declined to study economics because I "don't meet the academic requirements" But why would further maths matter, if I have what I need to know to do the degree, ****ed off. Offer was BBB

Scroll to see replies

you didn't meet the offer?
Reply 2
Original post by IronicalMan
I was declined to study economics because I "don't meet the academic requirements" But why would further maths matter, if I have what I need to know to do the degree, ****ed off. Offer was BBB

Sorry to hear you missed out.

Have you been through clearing yet? You could still get a university place.

Don't be to downcast anyway, it might be that you would have struggled for three years at university - maybe it is a stage too high for you to cope with.

Bigger and better opportunities could come up. Life has twists and turns.

If the offer was BBB then you missed by 3 grades. I cant see what you are complaining about although it is disappointing.

If it was any other subject and the third A level was below the offer, then you would also have failed to meet the offer, even if the content of that subject was irrelevant. not the point.

Resit it or find a clearing place.

Sometimes a uni might take you on 2 grades less, but 3 would be very rare. It all depends how subscribed the course is.
Original post by Lockton
Sorry to hear you missed out.

Have you been through clearing yet? You could still get a university place.

Don't be to downcast anyway, it might be that you would have struggled for three years at university - maybe it is a stage too high for you to cope with.

Bigger and better opportunities could come up. Life has twists and turns.

I am fine with economics and maths, I just struggled with Mechanics a lot and got U's in one and an E in the other, along with an E in D2 and S2, a B in fp2 and a A in fp1.
I think it's a piss take tbh, I've even gone through the effort to read economics books like the wealth of nations.
Reply 5
I am fine with economics and maths, I just struggled with Mechanics a lot and got U's in one and an E in the other, along with an E in D2 and S2, a B in fp2 and a A in fp1.
I think it's a piss take tbh, I've even gone through the effort to read economics books like the wealth of nations.

Yeah, I heard that mechanics in maths were very hard. Don't give up on your dream, there may be other routes that could lead you to where you want to be. Remember, you have got three A levels and two of them are Bs! Businesses and other institutions will still regard this highly.
@kkboyk reminded me of you, hope you're doing okay :hugs:
Original post by Lockton
Yeah, I heard that mechanics in maths were very hard. Don't give up on your dream, there may be other routes that could lead you to where you want to be. Remember, you have got three A levels and two of them are Bs! Businesses and other institutions will still regard this highly.

Yeah but I don't want an apprenticeship paying 3 pound an hour when I live in the middle of nowhere and would have to spend 15 quid a day just getting there and back, minimum!
Yeah but I don't want an apprenticeship paying 3 pound an hour when I live in the middle of nowhere and would have to spend 15 quid a day just getting there and back, minimum!

Idk if you can get an oyster apprenticeship discount.

How do you know the last place didn't go to someone with BBB? They haven't really done anything wrong.
So you get an E when you were supposed to get a B and you still think universities are taking the p*** for rejecting you?
Reply 11
Original post by bluemadhatter
@kkboyk reminded me of you, hope you're doing okay :hugs:

Im sure I texted you about receiving other offers (and a scholarship).
Can't you retake?
Reply 13
E in Maths for an Economics degree when you needed a B. Yeah, the uni is such a disgrace.
Original post by kkboyk
Im sure I texted you about receiving other offers (and a scholarship).

u did not mister
Come on mate...
Original post by UWS
E in Maths for an Economics degree when you needed a B. Yeah, the uni is such a disgrace.

Further maths not normal math
Just because its further math, why is that any different from someone else who gets an E when their offer required a B?
Not seeing why you think they should have taken you when others will have got higher grades.

Did you check to see if they had a course with a foundation year?
Original post by 999tigger
Just because its further math, why is that any different from someone else who gets an E when their offer required a B?
Not seeing why you think they should have taken you when others will have got higher grades.

Did you check to see if they had a course with a foundation year?

lol they have places still available, and said on the website anyone will be considered with CCC.
lol they have places still available, and said on the website anyone will be considered with CCC.

And you didn't have it.

Quick Reply

Latest