The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough University: Clearing & Adjustment

Hi guys

Our Clearing and Adjustment hotline is open now - give us a call on 01509 274403.

For accommodation related queries, call 01509 274488 or check out our announcements page.

Good luck! Any questions just shout :smile:

Amy
Hey

Been trying your Clearing hotline all day. I made Loughborough my firm and have had a bit of a rough year, battling with mental illness and not living at home. Would really appreciate some support or any possible way to make it to Loughborough as you guys were so supportive when I made the journey up to the university. I'm looking for a maths course (possibly with a foundation year) and I got BCC in my results.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi guys

Our Clearing and Adjustment hotline is open now - give us a call on 01509 274403.

For accommodation related queries, call 01509 274488 or check out our announcements page.

Good luck! Any questions just shout :smile:

Amy

Hey

Been trying your Clearing hotline all day. I made Loughborough my firm and have had a bit of a rough year, battling with mental illness and not living at home. Would really appreciate some support or any possible way to make it to Loughborough as you guys were so supportive when I made the journey up to the university.
Original post by Grigglesman
Hey

Been trying your Clearing hotline all day. I made Loughborough my firm and have had a bit of a rough year, battling with mental illness and not living at home. Would really appreciate some support or any possible way to make it to Loughborough as you guys were so supportive when I made the journey up to the university.

Hi Grigglesman,

Try not to panic - did you manage to get through to anybody at the Clearing calling centre?

You do need to call the hotline (01509 274403) to discuss this with a member of staff within the calling centre, as they would need to speak to you personally. If you have already done so I'd try again and ask to speak to a supervisor or somebody from Admissions - explain your circumstances to them and they will advise you as best they can.

I can't guarantee that they will be able to accept you onto a course as this will depend on availability and entry requirements, but they will certainly be able to offer their support and advice on what to do next and the options available to you.

Fingers crossed for you - remember there are lots of different options available from here, so try to stay positive :smile:

Best of luck :crossedf:

Amy
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Grigglesman,

Try not to panic - did you manage to get through to anybody at the Clearing calling centre?

You do need to call the hotline (01509 274403) to discuss this with a member of staff within the calling centre, as they would need to speak to you personally. If you have already done so I'd try again and ask to speak to a supervisor or somebody from Admissions - explain your circumstances to them and they will advise you as best they can.

I can't guarantee that they will be able to accept you onto a course as this will depend on availability and entry requirements, but they will certainly be able to offer their support and advice on what to do next and the options available to you.

Fingers crossed for you - remember there are lots of different options available from here, so try to stay positive :smile:

Best of luck :crossedf:

Amy

Hey

Cheers for the advice. Really hoping to get into Loughborough it's my dream to get there.

Thanks,

Greg
Original post by Grigglesman
Hey

Cheers for the advice. Really hoping to get into Loughborough it's my dream to get there.

Thanks,

Greg

No problem Greg :smile:

Good luck!

Amy
Hi,

Unfortunately, I didn't meet the requirements to study Banking, Finance and Management at Loughborough, but I got an unconditional offer to study for an alternative course BA English with Business Studies. Although I really appreciate Loughborough giving me this offer, I was wondering if I would be able to change my course in the first few weeks of uni if I accept this offer as I really want to do a business/economics course.

Thank you
Original post by Uncle Damz
Hi,

Unfortunately, I didn't meet the requirements to study Banking, Finance and Management at Loughborough, but I got an unconditional offer to study for an alternative course BA English with Business Studies. Although I really appreciate Loughborough giving me this offer, I was wondering if I would be able to change my course in the first few weeks of uni if I accept this offer as I really want to do a business/economics course.

Thank you

Hi Uncle Damz

Understand it's disappointing that you didn't get into your first choice but great to hear you're still considering us. If possible, it'd be worth coming along to our Open House event tomorrow. This will give you a chance to talk through your options with staff from both departments. All you need to do is book your place via our online form.

In the meantime, I have been a student in the English dept as both an undergrad and a postgrad so if you have any questions about the course, I'd be happy to answer them although it seems like a bit of a curveball now, you may find that you really enjoy combining the two programmes! :smile:

Teresa
Hi Uncle Damz

Understand it's disappointing that you didn't get into your first choice but great to hear you're still considering us. If possible, it'd be worth coming along to our Open House event tomorrow. This will give you a chance to talk through your options with staff from both departments. All you need to do is book your place via our online form.

In the meantime, I have been a student in the English dept as both an undergrad and a postgrad so if you have any questions about the course, I'd be happy to answer them although it seems like a bit of a curveball now, you may find that you really enjoy combining the two programmes! :smile:

Teresa

Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the event but thanks for the help. As the course is English with business, does that mean it's 75% English and 25% business?
Original post by Uncle Damz
Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the event but thanks for the help. As the course is English with business, does that mean it's 75% English and 25% business?

Ah okay, never mind!

The English with Business Studies is a standard major/minor course and so will be 2/3 English (80 credits) and 1/3 Business Studies (40 credits).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Teresa

Quick Reply

Latest