The Student Room Group

Disappointed despite getting in to first choice uni?

Is anyone else disappointed with their results, even if you got in to their first choice university?

I got my results today and I came out with ABB. This was enough to get in to my first choice uni (despite the fact their original offer was AAA) but I know that I could have done better. I had been getting A*s and full marks in mocks and practice exams so to get two Bs is a huge disappointment.

I keep getting told I shouldn't care because I got in but I can't help but feel dissatisfied. Has this happened to other people?
Reply 1
Original post by georgiaTK
Is anyone else disappointed with their results, even if you got in to their first choice university?

I got my results today and I came out with ABB. This was enough to get in to my first choice uni (despite the fact their original offer was AAA) but I know that I could have done better. I had been getting A*s and full marks in mocks and practice exams so to get two Bs is a huge disappointment.

I keep getting told I shouldn't care because I got in but I can't help but feel dissatisfied. Has this happened to other people?
This has happened to many people. The feeling of disappointment will pass, and soon you will be looking forward to an exciting new phase in your life.
When you graduate from university no one will give two ****s about your A-Levels.
Why bother staring into the past when you can walk into the future? Its stupid
Original post by georgiaTK

I mean you could get a remark if it means that much to you but can you think of what could've gone wrong in the exam or any coursework you did?
Reply 4
That's a common myth- they really do and many even use ucas filters now but ops results are fine for them anyway as they're normally 280-300 points
Reply 5
How about resitting them alongside Uni (unless they are based on coursework also?). If you've done most of the learning, then it's only some more revision and a few hours out next summer term to get the upgrade....
Im exactly in the same boat (well nearly). I was predicted AAA came out with ABB. I was really surprised and disappointed. However I was able to secure an offer for a course that requires AAA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending