The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9420
I got an A* , A, C also got into my firm choice uni of Sheffield 😆
Reply 9421
Original post by ajamal
I need help. My AS grades are BCC and i cant get into the mindset of being satsified with my C's.I'm really considering sending them for a remark but one of the C's is 12 marks away from a B. Do you think its possible to go to a B?

Relax in the fact I got BCD in my AS year, I resat 2 exams and ended up with A*AC at A2!
Original post by BunnyMidnight
Yep, I don't think it has hit me yet, but when it does will cry or whatever but will not let my depression or my predicted take over. I know what I want and I want to get it. :yep::yep::wings::wings::wink2::wink2:

It's okay to cry and process however you need but do not let this set you back. It's motivation to absolutely nail your A levels!
Anyone know if you get a remark on ocr biology coursework (f216)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somevirtualguy
Even though it's all over now I've been checking into this thread for so long I still feel like I need to revisit...

it's all forgotten now ~~
Original post by BunnyMidnight
Oh, if your in As now going into A2 depending on the subjects you are taking the grades you get this year will become your predicted grades, and the will have to "retake" the exams again next year but the template and the questions will be different; as you will have to go in more depth/more essay questions.
Your grades will impact your application from what I see, they were decent/high grades so congrats!!

What will you want to remark?

Wondering wether to get the creative writing remarked - considering throughout the year my teacher targeted me an A/B. Yet not sure wether it would be worth it as I'm dropping it anyway, and AS levels are no longer as important from my year forward due to the changes to AS/A level.. (looking to go to York, UCL, Birmingham or St Andrews to study english lit)

Thanks Jo :smile:
Original post by flylikeafly
Do you think I should get a remark for A-level english literature I just need 1 UMS point to go from C to B. Is it worth it, even though I got into my firm.

From experience- yes. You're way off the D so it's very low risk. Grades in subjective subjects can change dramatically, although there has been changes to remarking this year. It just means it's harder to get a higher grade, but equally so it's harder to get a lower one. I'd go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yua
Do both no question IMO

if you're aiming for imperial/oxbridge then certainly do chemistry

for geo 190/200 is so high that even if you do poorly at A2, you'll have an A overall.

Wise words, cheers this has helped actually
It feels weird that results day is almost over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ajamal
Not even in maths?🤔

They would have marked maths properly the first time round. Remarking is very unlikely to change anything.
Original post by Aph
I hope not!!! I wouldn't be awful but I could totally see this being all a dream.

Well get yourself to sleep, and then awake again tomorrow to prove that it's not a dream :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relish the feeling whilst it lasts. There really isn't anything else like it :tongue:
A, B, C and an intentional and immediately dropped E

No fails!! Happy happy happy!!!:biggrin:
Original post by Cari98
A, B, C and an intentional and immediately dropped E

No fails!! Happy happy happy!!!:biggrin:

'Gratz! :awesome:
Original post by Nirgilis
'Gratz! :awesome:

Thank you very much!:biggrin:
Original post by ajamal
So how did you in your remark or did you just send it recently?

yet to be remarked but they have changed remarking in a positive way so hopefully should be aight
All the nerves have finally come to an end 😅
Reply 9438
Original post by NHM
Relax in the fact I got BCD in my AS year, I resat 2 exams and ended up with A*AC at A2!

I'm not doing A2's. i'm going to uniersity with AS only!:frown:
Reply 9439
Original post by hashman
yet to be remarked but they have changed remarking in a positive way so hopefully should be aight

That sounds great. Do you know how?
Sorry for the numerous questions😖

Quick Reply

Latest