The Student Room Group

Applying for a maintenance loan but not the course student loan?

Can i apply for just the maintenance loan but pay my course fees myself?

if so would I be too late to apply now?

I am fine for paying the course fees but would like to take the loan just as a safety measure
Original post by Dejomony
Can i apply for just the maintenance loan but pay my course fees myself?

if so would I be too late to apply now?

I am fine for paying the course fees but would like to take the loan just as a safety measure

Yes you can take one without the other. You would put 0 in the amount requested for tuition fees. You can apply for the maintainance loan, however you are too late to be guaranteed to receive it during your first week of uni.*
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Yes you can take one without the other. You would put 0 in the amount requested for tuition fees. You can apply for the maintainance loan, however you are too late to be guaranteed to receive it during your first week of uni.*

If i do get the loan do the check what you use it on? as I am already paying my rent but I would like the money for safety in case my parents can't suddenly pay my rent.
Reply 3
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fund tuition fees yourself?
They don't check what you spend it on. Once it hits your account, it's yours to spend as you wish.
If i do get the loan do the check what you use it on? as I am already paying my rent but I would like the money for safety in case my parents can't suddenly pay my rent.

No they don't, you can do whatever you like with it.*
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fund tuition fees yourself?

My parents are paying.
Reply 7
My parents are paying.

That's respectable however would it not be cheaper to take out the loan? I'd strongly consider it if I were you - it's the best loan you'll ever get!
Yes you can, apply now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending