The Student Room Group

AS results rule out medicine, alternatives??

I got ABDU (geog bio chem maths)
Medicine now seems unlikely :frown: but what other close alternatives are there?? And at which unis??
Original post by angelscity
Medicine now seems unlikely :frown: but what other close alternatives are there?? And at which unis??

Try something Bio/Chem related ?
Possibly Bio-Chemistry ?

you can probably look up some decent careers for geography?
Start research as soon as possible, My medicine dream is over too..got BBBC in AS...But not all hope is lost. Graduate entry medicine is still a possibility foe me and you, my friend.
Original post by money-for-all
Try something Bio/Chem related ?
Possibly Bio-Chemistry ?

you can probably look up some decent careers for geography?
Start research as soon as possible, My medicine dream is over too..got BBBC in AS...But not all hope is lost. Graduate entry medicine is still a possibility foe me and you, my friend.

Its definitely not over for you. Even if you cant get AAA predictions this year, make sure you achieve 3As then reapply. If you really want to do medicine then you should not give up so easily. Good luck:smile:
Original post by HopelessMedic
Its definitely not over for you. Even if you cant get AAA predictions this year, make sure you achieve 3As then reapply. If you really want to do medicine then you should not give up so easily. Good luck:smile:

Well..There you go, you're not as hopeless as your making out to be Mr.NotsoHopelessmedic.
If you really are dedicated to medicine, you can work your socks off in A2 and achieve 3A's aswell! and reapply.
Good luck to you too.

Or you could try and get AAA next year, then do a gap year and apply after A2 for medicine. Some healthcare courses such as paramedic/ radiography/pharmacy might be of interest perhaps, or more geography/science subjects. Have a look at as many courses possible if you want to apply this year, just make sure you really really want to study that subject.
Reply 5
Original post by money-for-all
Well..There you go, you're not as hopeless as your making out to be Mr.NotsoHopelessmedic.
If you really are dedicated to medicine, you can work your socks off in A2 and achieve 3A's aswell! and reapply.
Good luck to you too.

Thank you both for making me feel like all hope is not lost :smile: should I also redo maths to get that U off the list or?
Reply 6

Thank you sm :smile: I'll try and do that! Should I redo maths AS (U) along with the other 3 A2s or? & Hope you're doing well :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Komodo dragon
Or you could try and get AAA next year, then do a gap year and apply after A2 for medicine. Some healthcare courses such as paramedic/ radiography/pharmacy might be of interest perhaps, or more geography/science subjects. Have a look at as many courses possible if you want to apply this year, just make sure you really really want to study that subject.

Ah hadn't thought about those career paths!! Thank you!! :smile:
Thank you sm :smile: I'll try and do that! Should I redo maths AS (U) along with the other 3 A2s or? & Hope you're doing well :smile:

I'd personally forget about maths and focus hard on the others. It will be tough to go from a D to an A in chem, but its doable if you put the work in. Keep up the good work in your other subjects and get some work experience organised, your should be in a good position to apply next year.
Reply 9
I'd personally forget about maths and focus hard on the others. It will be tough to go from a D to an A in chem, but its doable if you put the work in. Keep up the good work in your other subjects and get some work experience organised, your should be in a good position to apply next year.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest