The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

These are mine. Physics I do also but I only had a mock for that as the new specification is linear, I got an A in that mock too :P

I also do BTEC IT on the side which I'm cashing out in September :smile:

I was pretty happy with my results this year :biggrin:
Original post by drriversong
How did you find out your raw marks? Mine weren't on the results sheet :h:

Some exam boards give you them and some don't, my school just gave me a sheet and some (like AQA) had raw as well on it :smile:
A- Maths
A- Chemistry
A- Classics
B- Biology (how the ... do you get an A)
B- EPQ (my question: To what extent did trade and industry affect the wealth of people living within Dorset between 100BC and 450AD- so to be expected was a B)
grades.jpg
AS:
A-Maths

A-Physics(new spec aqa)

A-Chemistry(new spec aqa)

B-Further Maths
English lit- C
business- C
psychology- A
biology- D

I'm quite upset with my biology result since it's the subject I have been doing the best in all year, I do want a remark just no clue how far away I was from a C ?
Results

Subject: Mathematics Predicted A* / Achieved A

Subject: Physics Predicted A / Achieved B

Subject: Further Mathematics Predicted A* / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Extremely disappointed with missing my A* in both Maths and Further Maths. My strongest module, M2, let me down and could have gotten me over the 270 UMS required.

I don't know what went wrong with Physics I thought it was a good paper but I got C's in my exams :frown:

Gap year for sure.

Future ambitions
Confused due to results. Did not go through clearing.
Original post by domgreen69
grades.jpg
big man congratz u raped ur exams lol well done
Original post by tombellsdfg
AS:
A-Maths

A-Physics(new spec aqa)

A-Chemistry(new spec aqa)

B-Further Maths

Well done bro
Original post by Nonamebzja
Well done bro

Cheers mate
Hi guys just want to ask if u get lets say in As level
A maths
A further maths
A chem
C or D in phy
Is that bad if ur applying for a good uni
Comp Sci- A
Physics- A
Maths- B, Gutted. (C1 62 Resit next year C2 89 D1 74 Maybe Resit)
AS Further- Next year
Possibly self taught A2 FM

Fun fact: this year we did about 25 mocks/exams in maths. Only 3 I didn't get an A in. 2 of them were in my exams :frown:(((((((((((

Wanted to do maths at Cambridge but RIP the dream. I'll still apply because I won't be able to live with myself If I don't atleast try.

Grats everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 433
Results

History: A / A

English Literature: A / A

Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics): A / A

Comments and reactions
Well, wow. Considering how screwed my class in Philosophy (teacher got fired halfway through the year) and how badly I felt I did on my History exam, I am very happy with this report. Philosophy I self-predicted a C, History a B. Far as I know I'm only one in my year doing AS Levels with straights As - will need to ask around, but otherwise I've done very well.

Future ambitions
I'm able to change the universities I aspire for - I have Leeds (AAB), Birmingham and Hull (both ABB) remaining in the crosshairs. I've gotten rid of Southampton and Leicester (both BBB universities), with Birmignham and Hull replacing them as my absolute last resorts and I'm now aiming for Edinburgh and Durham (AAA) as my top choices.
I am so late to this but..

Biology: Predicted B/ Achieved A

Maths: Predicted B/ Achieved A

Chemistry: Predicted C/ Achieved B

English Literature: Predicted B/ Achieved B

Comments:

I am absolutely over the moon about these results. I was always aiming above those targets I was set, but I never ever expected to do this well. My ultimate dream is to do Dentistry, and this year, I've just been working extremely hard to try and get closer to that goal. All of my teachers told me that I should just try something else because it's very difficult. I understood their reasons - my academics were not solid at all, and I just sounded so naive. However, I really wanted to prove them wrong. And I finally did.

If I was a bit more frank, I am a bit gutted about Chemistry. Throughout this entire year, I was constantly getting good scores that even my teacher began to question my target grades. If I was expecting an A in a single subject, it was definitely chemistry. However, it's linear and doesn't count, so I will definitely work much harder next year and try and grab that A*.

A2 Year:
So, I've secured AAA predicted grades, with a possibility of an A* Maths predicted grade. I absolutely smashed the exam this year, if I must say so myself. I still haven't got my break down for biology, so I might actually have done really well. However, I will not keep my hopes up and just expect the worst, which ironically is an A - so technically it's not the 'worst', it will just be missing out on an A* predicted grade.

With my current AAA predicted grades, I can possibly apply to Sheffield (AAA) for Dentistry and I am absolutely happy about that. I went to their open day and I fell in love.
Reply 435
I don't know if this is the right place to post but I really need some advice!
I got my AS results
Psychology (A)
Sociology (A)
Philosophy (A)
Chinese (A)
Biology (C)

I want to do Psychology in university and I am aiming for UCL + russell group unis, I studied the hardest for Biology yet I did the worst in it. I am torn on whether or not to drop Biology or Philosophy. I know the course is competitive so I don't want to weaken my application, but I'm risking a solid AAA maybe even A*AA compared to an AAB if I continued on with Biology. What should I do? I emailed the admissions tutor and I'm waiting for a reply. I'm also doing the EPQ, i know it won't be a part of the offer but would that compensate me not taking Biology? Please help!!!
Original post by elleinterrupted
Applying to LSE to do politics & international relations w BBBC? I know these are pretty low but I know for sure my teachers will predict me all As.. I was just wondering whether this will be a huge setback? Pls be nice haha

It will be a setback as you know LSE is highly competitive and even if they do predict you all As you still got bbbc when others did get all As and will be predicted A*s that doesnt mean you shoudnt try though you never know with these things good luck
Results

BTEC Applied Law: Predicted Distinction* / Achieved Distinction*

Government & Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A

History: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and reactions

I was initially disappointed with the B in History because it means the Cambridge dream is over, but I soon got over it because a lot of people - people who did better than me in GCSE - did a lot worse. Politics was a bit interesting because I got 66 in Unit 1 but 98 in Unit 2, so we're going to get the script back to see if it's worth getting that first paper remarked because I'm really shocked it's so much lower. Overall though I'm very pleased with these results! The only other thing I'm concerned with though is whether I'll be able to meet AAA entry requirements next year. I honestly think the B in History might be my limit. I couldn't have done any more revision than I did.

Future ambitions

I'll apply to study Law at universities like Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, etc. I wanted to do investment banking and while I would have been in a better position for that if I could have applied to Cambridge/UCL, I still have a shot if I can get into Warwick.
Results

Economics: Predicted B / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions

This was surprising to say the least! I'd been dreading results day for ages but I was so so happy when I found out what I got. I really am grateful, and at the same time it's taught me not to be so pessimistic 😂😂😂 Was especially surprised about Maths, barely had time to finish the syllabus so I was honestly racing around the clock trying to fully understand everything and get enough practice.

Future ambitions

I want to do either Economics or Law, still haven't really decided but I'm supposing I should soon... I was thinking of applying to LSE, maybe even Oxford... I have yet to decide.
(edited 7 years ago)
i got AABB in my AS results and i got the Bs for maths and chemistry - 221/300 and 224/300 do you think its is possible for me to improve them to an A next year without doing any resits? i really need some advice can someone please help me and im planning to study medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest