The Student Room Group

A Level Results

Hi all,
Today I received my AS results . I do Maths, Physics and Computer science. I got C in Maths and Us in the rest. Today I realised that I have really messed up and should have worked harder for my exams. the college that I'm at right now will not let me resit Physics and Compsci. I know I can do a lot better in those subjects if I try. D o you guys think I should go for a fresh start and join another college or pick new subjects.
Reply 1
Less games more study...
Original post by Velectro1998
Hi all,
Today I received my AS results . I do Maths, Physics and Computer science. I got C in Maths and Us in the rest. Today I realised that I have really messed up and should have worked harder for my exams. the college that I'm at right now will not let me resit Physics and Compsci. I know I can do a lot better in those subjects if I try. D o you guys think I should go for a fresh start and join another college or pick new subjects.

I would suggest you try harder to get them to allow you to resit those exams. However, if you're not able to, there's no point in continuing your courses as you will not be easy to get a C+ from a U at AS. Also, spending 3 years doing A levels is not favourable for some universities but if you believe this is necessary then go for it. BUT, if you do think you can manage retakes and A2s together then do it. It will require a lot of dedication and very good time management.
Reply 3
Original post by crazyy
I would suggest you try harder to get them to allow you to resit those exams. However, if you're not able to, there's no point in continuing your courses as you will not be easy to get a C+ from a U at AS. Also, spending 3 years doing A levels is not favourable for some universities but if you believe this is necessary then go for it. BUT, if you do think you can manage retakes and A2s together then do it. It will require a lot of dedication and very good time management.

Well I tried my hardest to let them resit my exams but there is no way they are letting me do it so one way or another I will have to choose new subjects and still do 3 years total or continue with these subjects at a new college and try harder that time round.
Well I tried my hardest to let them resit my exams but there is no way they are letting me do it so one way or another I will have to choose new subjects and still do 3 years total or continue with these subjects at a new college and try harder that time round.

If you really want to study what you like then I suggest you change schools, it may be tough but this is your future you're dealing with. Maybe, you can do your resits there as well as do your A2s so you only spend two years. But you need to realise if you have the chance to retake, DON'T MESS ABOUT. Spend most of your time studying your bottoms off (make sure not to over work) to fix your grades up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by crazyy
If you really want to study what you like then I suggest you change schools, it may be tough but this is your future you're dealing with. Maybe, you can do your resits there as well as do your A2s so you only spend two years. But you need to realise if you have the chance to retake, DON'T MESS ABOUT. Spend most of your time studying your bottoms off (make sure not to over work) to fix your grades up.

Yeah will do. Thank you for the advice.
Yeah will do. Thank you for the advice.

If you do change, make sure the other school covers the same specification and do what you really think is best for you. Also if you do three years, it may look bad, but it depends on things so try to look more into it, it is not bad to do 3 years of a levels if you manage to score very well. You should talk to your someone in your school who handles all your UCAS and 6th form stuff, they will provide the best advice.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest