The Student Room Group

Why don't guys like me ?

I am 16 years old and most of my friends are in relationship but I'm not. I don't get it do I chase guys away or I'm just not good enough. Plz help me understand this
You are 16, chill
Do you talk to guys?
Why do you seem so desperate about it you're only 16 maybe the desperation is the problem maybe you go after boys too hard its not attractive..
Hey, you're 16! There's really so much you can accomplish in your life at this point, don't go fretting about something that's inconsequential at this point in time :smile: trust me, relationships aren't all that fun. In fact, they get pretty boring and what will really sustain you in the long haul is if you invest in yourself!! Besides, there will always be someone who likes you for who you are so don't worry. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder!
Original post by Getrude234
I am 16 years old and most of my friends are in relationship but I'm not. I don't get it do I chase guys away or I'm just not good enough. Plz help me understand this

You probably just haven't gotten to know anyone well enough yet. Try just making friends with a guy and see what happens from there.
" 16 "
Many reasons, looks, smell , intelligence, personality, expression, friends insert many things that concern all of us to depression.........
Just look for one.
or are you just looking for a ego boost?
Cheapest products have the most customers

Posted from TSR Mobile
There could be a number of reasons, but at the age of 16 nobody is looking for anything substantial so unless you want casual experiences there's no point.

If you do, then remember people are fickle; it could be anything from hygiene to maintenance to attitude to appearance. I don't know you or know what you look like so I can't judge, but have you asked friends why this may be?
Original post by Halzy1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol maybe in tescos im pretty sure the hottest people get more attention
Those guys are probably asking the exact same question. The answer for most of you will be because you're 16. A lot of things are about to change and there's really no point being desperate for a relationship which in 95% of cases will be meaningless.

Have fun with your friends. Trust me, you will regret not making the most of being 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Getrude234

You are 16. Be quiet and do your GCSE's
I started dating at 15, had a crappy relationship first time around ended that but I learned from it. Now I'm in a very happy, very loving relationship with someone I wouldn't hesitate in calling my best friend. I kinda had my own ways in showing I liked him - I randomly gave food and stuff, especially 'fancy' snickers (they had hazelnuts in them...)
I would say that if you 'have your eye' on someone and you're friends, just showing little acts of compassion will help. If you're not close - find common points on interest, without that - it'll probably not go too well.
^-^ xxx
Original post by rosemondtan
Hey, you're 16! There's really so much you can accomplish in your life at this point, don't go fretting about something that's inconsequential at this point in time :smile: trust me, relationships aren't all that fun. In fact, they get pretty boring and what will really sustain you in the long haul is if you invest in yourself!! Besides, there will always be someone who likes you for who you are so don't worry. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder!

True that! It's hard to think outside of trying to be in a relationship when your not in one, but as soon as your in one it's trying to keep your own space. Try not to overthink it at this point, it really doesn't help. I think the realms of what is attractive is a lot more open than people think. Look at real life v the Internet
Do you go to a single sex school? You're gonna grow tired of hearing this but you are only 16, it DOES NOT matter if you're not in a relationship. If you really want a boyfriend though, hang out with guys more, meet guys through your friends, talk to them boldly and confidently, be their friend first, get to know them not with the aim of getting a boyfriend but to understand them
Original post by Halzy1234

Yeah but a Big Mac doesn't compare to a burger from GBK.

Big Mac:

- Cheap.
- "Quality" ingredients of a potentially dubious nature.
- Goes cold quickly.
- Might end up with a hair between your teeth.

GBK:

I'd sooner have the more satisfying option in place of what everyone else has already had.
Wear shorter skirts.

But not too short, that's bad
Reply 18
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it and I have decided to just focus on getting the career I want in the future. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending