The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sacred Ground
A*AB - how about yourself???

:O Well done! Does that mean you got your firm? BBB :biggrin:
Original post by Hihihi123
You're welcome! Honestly, if I were in your position, I would take a gap year. I just took one and am going to uni this September (I had to retake but still). If you're worried about what to do during the year a suggestion from me would be that you possibly Au Pair. I was an Au Pair in Milan last year in the Autumn of my gap year and it was a great experience- it's free travel essentially with the catch of having to look after someone's children for a bit each weekday. There are lots of things you can do in your gap year that won't cost much and I think that they can actually be so beneficial for personal growth. Again, just a suggestion/opinion from me, but if you have any questions about Au Pairing just ask!

Thanks again! Yes i'll defo have a think about it🙈
That sounds like an amazing experience, I wish one day I could do something as cool as that!
Don't think i'd retake if I took a gap year since I was really close to the B
Original post by ancienthistory
Absolutely devestated. I only received AAB (I have an A*AA offer at LSE) and I feel once again indignant regarding the subject I was aspiring to receive an A* in - English Literature. Last year AQA mismarked my AS Literature paper, giving it a D, while my teachers argue it was A standard :frown:

It was too late to appeal and, upon resitting, I gained myself another D with a C in A2

:s-smilie:I know I put the work in

Just to clarify, you got a conditional offer from LSE with a D in AS Lit? What were your other grades like?
anyone Economics and Mathematics at University of Bath ?
Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?:s-smilie:
Reply 9465
Original post by melinalouise
Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?:s-smilie:

depends on the university
Original post by Aph
So is this the time when we all go to sleep and realise today was all a dream and things will actually be awful when we wake up?

omg I literally had the exact same thought after I looked at my result and at one point I had to slap myself to make sure it was real life lol
Got A*A*A in maths, further maths and economics respectively, will now go on to study economics at Bath! Absolutely ecstatic!
Now that everything's calmed down, I got A*AAAa and accepted into LSE for BSc International relations! :biggrin:
Original post by melinalouise

Depends on the uni and if you're trying to go for top unis it wont just be the E it will be the two B's and the E that could hinder your chances, BBE doesnt look good especially B in subject you want to study
Hi, I wanna know if I have added a clearing choice, does the uni verify my results via UCAS or it needs me to send them evidence?
All confirmed on Track now :biggrin: Accommodation sorted, student finance changed, postal address on UCAS changed to my parents' because I might move out of my current accommodation before they send anything... everything is perfect, just waiting for my login details to get on the BU portal :biggrin:
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi, I wanna know if I have added a clearing choice, does the uni verify my results via UCAS or it needs me to send them evidence?

Did you not tell them? I think UCAS confirms it but you'll need to provide evidence (ie. your results slip) once you arrive.
Original post by emiloujess
Did you not tell them? I think UCAS confirms it but you'll need to provide evidence (ie. your results slip) once you arrive.

I have told them but I just wanna know how they will confirm and verify my results. Thanks for your reply tho:smile:
I have told them but I just wanna know how they will confirm and verify my results. Thanks for your reply tho:smile:

No problem, I hope your offer gets confirmed on Track soon :smile: I went through Clearing too.
I just woke up right now and I'm trying to figure out if yesterday was just a dream.

I feel so ****. I didn't get into Warwick to study law. I got AAB when I needed AAA.

*I'm not interested in going to SOAS (my insurance) so now I have 3 options:

1. *remark my history paper that I got a A in and appeal to Warwick if it goes up*
2. *Retake History and take a gap year, and reapply next year*
3. Search clearing (but I honestly doubt it'll be good because it's so late now)*

I hate myself so much lmao *
Original post by emiloujess
No problem, I hope your offer gets confirmed on Track soon :smile: I went through Clearing too.

Thank you so much!! I am soo worried!!:frown:
Original post by YaYazooGirl
I just woke up right now and I'm trying to figure out if yesterday was just a dream.

I feel so ****. I didn't get into Warwick to study law. I got AAB when I needed AAA.

1. *remark my history paper that I got a A in and appeal to Warwick if it goes up*
3. Search clearing (but I honestly doubt it'll be good because it's so late now)*

omg I am in the same boat.. my firm choice was Warwick to study law and I failed to achieve 3As... I am super depressed. Yesterday was def the longest and worst day of my life..
Thank you so much!! I am soo worried!!:frown:

I'm sorry about Warwick :frown: Have you got an email or text from them confirming you have an offer? If you've got that then I wouldn't worry as you have written proof. If the offer only lasts 24 hours I'd phone them later today to see what is going on :smile: Which uni are you trying to get into?
Original post by YaYazooGirl

I'd say put option 1 to the side because remarking a paper where you already got an A in is unlikely to change. You should phone Warwick and see if they'd still take you if you manage to convince them, so get them to reconsider you.
If that doesn't work then, you should search through clearing for other universities who are offering to study law. If you don't find something suitable, then consider looking at other courses available in clearing for Warwick / other universities
Finally, if this doesn't work either, then that leaves you with option 2

Quick Reply

Latest