The Student Room Group

University of nottingham vs Oxford Brookes

I plan is to start studying a MSc in Sustainable building, but I would like to hear opinions between this universities (Nottingham and Brookes), about their academic ranking and also the quality of their professors and courses.
Reply 1
lol r u joking ??? oxford is top scool
Original post by skaladorl
I plan is to start studying a MSc in Sustainable building, but I would like to hear opinions between this universities (Nottingham and Brookes), about their academic ranking and also the quality of their professors and courses.

Nottingham uni or Trent?
Original post by Axiomara
lol r u joking ??? oxford is top scool

Oxford Brooke's is not the same as "Oxford university colleges"
Are you looking at Nottingham or Nottingham Trent?
But have you visited the both?
Reply 4
Original post by Colinj451

broke is an oxford college lol.
http://www.pmb.ox.ac.uk
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Axiomara
broke is an oxford college lol.
http://www.pmb.ox.ac.uk

I'm pretty sure here the person refers to Oxford Brookes and not Prembroke College, Oxford

Nottingham for sure. Nottingham is much highly ranked than Oxford Brookes. Professors vary actually. Few are excellent and few are meh.
Reply 7
Nottingham university
Reply 8
Original post by Wantsnoffer
Nottingham uni or Trent?

Nottingham university
Reply 9
Original post by Colinj451
nottingham university and no, I have not visited them, i'm overseas
There are a lot of other MSc courses round the country, if you have narrowed it down to just those two then Nottingham
Reply 11
Original post by SayoniRoy
Nottingham for sure. Nottingham is much highly ranked than Oxford Brookes. Professors vary actually. Few are excellent and few are meh.

do you study in Nottingham? you're talking about the professors that are the MSc program or in general?
do you study in Nottingham? you're talking about the professors that are the MSc program or in general?

General.

My cousin studies there :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by SayoniRoy
General.

My cousin studies there :smile:

have you heard about the life there? how it is to live in Nottingham?
I study at the university of Nottingham and I love it. Therefore I am slightly biased. The city is a great city, lots to do and see and quite a diverse population. The nightlife is great if you’re interested in that but there are also lots of great cafes, restaurants, museums, the castle etc.

The campus is lovely, lots of green space. The buildings are a mixture of old and new, some are a bit ugly but you get that on most uni campuses.

I’ve had a great experience with most of my tutors and professors (I study English) and so have my peers on other courses. The student union is great and puts on lots of activities and events. Student services is very helpful in sorting out problems with money, housing etc etc.

There are lots of societies and sports clubs to join that cater for a wide variety of interests/beliefs etc.

That being said, I have also heard great things about Oxford Brookes so worth talking to someone who studies there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending