The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Oh snap, it seems to have happened to the best of us (but nonetheless well done Student!)I'm just imagining the ATs face like wtf she met her offer but got the lower grade in the subject she wants to do 😒

Original post by Ayman!
He really deserved it - he worked his arse off for physics. I remember how disappointed he was after his Unit 4 in January, but I kept telling him he'd get full UMS on Unit 5 (and he did!)

It's just the exam board, I swear - Edexcel Physics is the worst, and it's barely actual physics anyway. :lol:

How far were you from the A*? My Unit 5 was a lot worse than I expected, but got an A* in Unit 4 lol

That's the thing, I was so far off an A* it's really disheartening. I got 94 UMS in unit 4, 87 UMS in unit 5 but 60/60 in the coursework (lol). In total 29 UMS off in a subject that I was so sure was one of my A*s :frown: It's made me think that I am a crap physicist and not really worthy of my place tbh.
*BTW I got 96% UMS at AS Level so I really don't know what happened

Thanks guys :colondollar:

@PhysicsIP2016 so happy for you! Don't worry about A2. It's a load of crap. I got exactly 96% too at AS and when I got back my U4, I was pretty stupefied. A Levels aren't the best medium of examination. You'll be absolutely fine.

Now go celebrate :biggrin:
Original post by Platopus
Anyone else at Pembroke? Also, any one else studying philosophy?

Yeah I'm at Pembroke, are you on the Facebook group (I'm the guy trying to encourage conversation)
Out of interest, what did you guys got for A2?
Original post by Joshthemathmo
Yeah I'm at Pembroke, are you on the Facebook group (I'm the guy trying to encourage conversation)

I assume you made it, so congrats!!
Well done everyone...sucha shame you're only going cambridge when OXFORD'S right there 😆
Original post by Joshthemathmo

Hi, what are you studying? :smile: I didn't know there was a Facebook group! What is it called? I'd like to join.

EDIT: having checked your username, that was a silly question wasn't it?
(edited 7 years ago)
A day has passed and I am finally over the failure I think.

I am really happy that most of you appeared to be succesful and to those that weren't, I am sorry and hope you enjoy your time at your insurance.

It was nice being a member of this thread and wish you all the best
Hi, what are you studying? :smile: I didn't know there was a Facebook group! What is it called? I'd like to join.

I'm not so sure; if he's "trying to encourage conversation", is he really a mathmo?
Original post by Mathemagicien
I'm not so sure; if he's "trying to encourage conversation", is he really a mathmo?

What do you mean? Sorry, I'm probably being thick here. Are you on a Facebook group with him?

He's actually a NatSci if I remember correctly.
What do you mean? Sorry, I'm probably being thick here. Are you on a Facebook group with him?

He's called "JoschTheMathmo", but says he is "the guy trying to encourage conversation"

If the conversation is about anything other than mathematics, surely he cannot be a mathmo?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

I am really happy that most of you appeared to be succesful and to those that weren't, I am sorry and hope you enjoy your time at your insurance.

You're a very nice and lovely person! You've been a great, indispensable member of this thread. Please keep in touch with us and I'm wishing you all the best too.

He's a NatSci 😂
He's called "JoschTheMathmo", but says he is "the guy trying to encourage conversation"

If the conversation is about anything other than mathematics, surely he cannot be a mathmo?

Oh, I thought he meant he had created a group chat for all Pembrokers, regardless of their subject. My bad :tongue:

He's a NatSci 😂

Lol well I was close
Original post by C0balt
He's actually a NatSci if I remember correctly.

He's a NatSci 😂

lol :rofl:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

I don't think we ever talked, but I'm very sorry that it didn't work out as you had hoped but glad that you are starting to feel better :hugs: you seem so lovely and kind.

I hope you have a fantastic time, wherever it is that you are going and wish you all the very best of luck!
Original post by C0balt
You're a very nice and lovely person! You've been a great, indispensable member of this thread. Please keep in touch with us and I'm wishing you all the best too.

Thank you.

Was a bit awkward this morning because i had a bunch of people asking to join the bio natsci fb group I created. I left someone else in charge 🙄.

Everyone has been great really.

It's nice I wasn't dismissed. It's so easy for people to say that it doesn't matter where you go - Cam or Lonmet. So it was relieving that people recognised my dissapointment as valid.

I guess while the majority of my year was spent working and not studying when I got my time off and medication I really thought I'd do well. I worked hard and thought I'd meet the offer. Unlike the original attempt where I knew there was no chance.

But anyway I have provisionally decided upon imp, brum, notts, kcl and surrey. We shall see how i get on 🙂. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
That's the thing, I was so far off an A* it's really disheartening. I got 94 UMS in unit 4, 87 UMS in unit 5 but 60/60 in the coursework (lol). In total 29 UMS off in a subject that I was so sure was one of my A*s :frown: It's made me think that I am a crap physicist and not really worthy of my place tbh.
*BTW I got 96% UMS at AS Level so I really don't know what happened

Now I'm really starting to relate. I got 95% at AS and missed the A* by 22 marks because of Unit 5 - a paper I thought I'd get the A* in. :frown:

I unexpectedly got an A* in Chemistry which I wasn't expecting at all, given that I literally cried after one chem exam (and got full UMS in that one...)

The silver lining is that this will motivate you to ace all your first year physics modules. :lol:

Congratulations and good luck!!
Original post by MathsMPhys
Well done everyone...sucha shame you're only going cambridge when OXFORD'S right there 😆

We know Oxford is right there below us and that's why we chose Cambridge. :wink:

It's just Pembroke offer holders, I really need to change my username... I'm going to be doing NatSci! I see results day went well eh?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending