The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accommodation Application

I recently received my accommodation offer from Reading Uni, but unfortunately the offer did not match any of my preferences when I applied (applied in late May).

Is there anything I can do to change rooms or possibly take any rooms that have been rejected by other applicants?
Original post by Cloudmc
I recently received my accommodation offer from Reading Uni, but unfortunately the offer did not match any of my preferences when I applied (applied in late May).

Is there anything I can do to change rooms or possibly take any rooms that have been rejected by other applicants?

I don't think so as people don't tend to get their first choice accommodation option.

Unless of course you do a direct swap with someone else who is willing to change accommodation!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Cloudmc

Hi,

Sorry to hear you didn't get any of your accommodation preferences, sometimes we just have a large volume of people going for the same halls. The best I can suggest to you is to email the accommodation team and ask if there is anything they can do, but I cannot guarantee it and it is quite unlikely as all our available rooms will be given to clearing students quite quickly. ([email protected]).

Your second option is to swap directly with someone once you are there.

Or my third suggestion would be to just wait and see. It may not be the accommodation that you wanted but you might find that once your there you settle in well and really like it. A lot will also depend on the people you live with, you might get there and not want to swap at all!
I'm assuming you've done your research on all of the accommodation but If you tell us which halls you have been given then we could potentially tell you a bit more about it from our own personal halls experience? TSR team we have are all current students and we have all lived in halls so could tell you more about the one you have been given? I for example lived in Bridges hall.

I hope this helps,
Amelia, second year studying Archaeology and History :biggrin:
What halls did you get given and where do you want to swap to?? Please reply asap

Quick Reply

Latest