The Student Room Group

I'm 18 and I failed my A-levels and I don't want to go to Uni

I got my results yesterday to find out I got an E in my Fine art and a D in my Graphics. These were my results for my last year in sixth from. I've decided to stop an extra year, except I don't know what to do and I don't want to go to University
Start looking for apprenticeships, there are surely some you'll be interested in?
If your interest is still in graphics and fine art then a btec or similar in these could be a good choice. You have more control over your grade because it's coursework assessed.

Don't worry about uni for now, just do what interests you. You have one more year of free education to take advantage of so embrace it :smile:
Original post by Abi798
I got my results yesterday to find out I got an E in my Fine art and a D in my Graphics. These were my results for my last year in sixth from. I've decided to stop an extra year, except I don't know what to do and I don't want to go to University

Hey uni is absolutely not the be all and end all, don't get me wrong I loved my time at uni but if I could do it again I would look at going straight into industry. Good Luck!
You're only 18, relax, there are lots of options.

You could do an apprenticeship, BTEC then go to uni or do a degree of your choice via the Open University.

Good luck!
I got the grades for university at a-level but didn't want to go to university so I got an apprenticeship and now I'm in a great job I love :smile: (nearly 21)
Original post by Analyst89
You're only 18, relax, there are lots of options.

You could do an apprenticeship, BTEC then go to uni or do a degree of your choice via the Open University.

Good luck!

Original post by Abi798
I don't want to go to University

:facepalm:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
:facepalm:

Lol. Just an option.

However, since the OP don't want to go to uni, you could do an apprenticeship or create a portfolio of work to show an employer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending