The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are Drug Dealers at fault or Drug Addicts?

Discussion on Facebook today-

Are Drug Dealers at fault for the destruction of addict lives or is it the drug addicts themselves who are responsible? - Which decision would you make to say who's solely responsible? You can have a opinion of both , but I want to know what do you think- who's fault is it? the drug dealer at fault overall or addicts? Which one? ( both meaning you think both are at fault but overall I think .. xyd ..., )

I'm in two sides of this, but I think the Drug Dealer is more in the wrong even if the addicts are more responsible to what happens to their lives.

Some people argue comparable to going to mcdonalds and then blaming them for your bad health but then again I see saying a drug addict is totally fault as saying ' if you didn't wear short skirts you wouldn't be attacked raped, etc ' or even such as ' you put yourself in that position, drunk, anything can happen, you can't defend yourself, you knew this while you were taking a drink, therefore you shouldn't cry rape or whatever'..

Just wanted to know everyone's opinion.

Credits to whoever moved this in society.

* edit, this is not put there to judge, I have not taken drugs, nor do I intend do, just simply following a discussion on facebook where a mother shared a photo of her baby ashes and the comments were filled with ' well, sorry it is sad, but it''s not drug dealers fault at all. '
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's never one thing.
Everything in this world/ universe is intrinsic. No matter how small every action is connected. Butterfly effect when used in regard to time travel.
You could blame the government for not legalizing the drug or creating safe alternatives... Drug dealers need money.
Drug takers need entertainment or some escapism from the stress.

Im probably a drug taker myself i take "joy" everyday. - Check Lisa: The painful
I'm probably blaming the government a bit too much here but my point is that everyone is at fault.
You want such laws therefore you should enforce and expect such?
What about differing opinions, people , experiences.

Though i do think of the drug dealer as the main problem.... Drug takers without no supply can't do ****. They just start gasping and getting withdrawal symptoms. Im might be simplifying and being a bit rude but i just have one point, not hate on any person.
What a laughably naive binary viewpoint, I'll tell you "what it is"... What it is is something entirely different for every single human that takes a substance that affects their perception and cognition, the very term 'drug' is ludicrously misused and ambiguous, what about all the hundreds of drugs you have taken throughout your life OP, eh, because you have. Oh no, this is about SOME DRUGS, that magically have some intrinsic power of evil encoded into their molecular structure. Or rather some substances which, for varying reasons never to do with health or good governance, rather always about the exercise of power over the citizenry or some specific portion of it.

The absurd view that "Drugs" are one homogenous mass of equivalent substances whose sole unifying attribute is that they and the people who take them are, er baaad, m'kay, is not a proposition held by anyone capable of any sort of critical thinking. The idea that Drug Users are all criminal addicts is the thinking of a terminal bedwetter, one who is always controlled and conformist in their worldview, one who takes facts as a given rather than challenging them.

In short, the problem is ignorance of the general population, mitigated only by the fact that they have been fed hysterically dumb propaganda since the 1930s. Anyone who thinks that Cannabis and, say Cocaine are equivalent substances, that they are equally 'bad', and that this can be stated quite objectively as a 'truth' just isn't intelligent enough to go to University...
Reply 3
I haven't taken any drugs ever in my life so I don't know what you're talking about.

Original post by Peter Mondragon
What a laughably naive binary viewpoint, I'll tell you "what it is"...

This is a discussion on Facebook, a woman shared a picture of her daughters ash capsule. People complained and commented that it's sad but although it's hard hearing the death of a loved one, her daughters at fault, because she took the drugs. Drug dealer is not to blame, no one is to blame but herself. No fault of dealers. Just all addicts. I don't know if I can think so black and white, I understand it is her fault, but really to place blame, I think the drug dealers are contributing to mass amounts of death caused by substance abuse. I think we're talking about heroin and crack cocaine, things that can really damage your functioning of life.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
just isn't intelligent enough to go to University...

why the hell is everything about university, what's wrong with this site.
Original post by elmosandy

Clue in the title...
As long as the user is above 18, it is their responsibility; no one is forcing them to take any drugs - and frankly I don't see there being a 'fault' as there is no direct harm to third parties, merely a trade between two consenting individuals. State should legalese all drugs, regulate it to ensure standards are met, and tax it for additional revenue.
Reply 7
Clue in the title...

?

Original post by swanderfeild
As long as the user is above 18, it is their responsibility; no one is forcing them to take any drugs - and frankly I don't see there being a 'fault' as there is no direct harm to third parties, merely a trade between two consenting individuals. State should legalese all drugs, regulate it to ensure standards are met, and tax it for additional revenue.

cocaine ?

It is called "The Student Room", so...
Reply 9
Facebook discussions = :facepalm:
I haven't taken any drugs ever in my life so I don't know what you're talking about.
How old are you? You're in a tiny minority if you really haven't.
?

cocaine ?

Sure, require warning labels be placed, and allow sale to anyone over 18. Informed buyer gets to buy, seller gets to sell, state gets a cut; everyone wins.
Both are at some degree of fault, but I think the actual drug user is majorly more responsible, the risks are becoming exceedingly easy to research.
Original post by swanderfeild

Well the danger of legalizing everything is that we'll end up with a society with many many drugs addicts and people suffering mental problems due to past drug experience. This will cost us money: healthcare costs and loss of productivity. I think we should keep updating the list of permitted drugs with the least harmful ones (adding cannabis is good start...), so there is less incentive to try the worst ones when looking for sth new. I can't imagine a society where heroin or cocaine are available in pharmacies for everyone though...
Reply 14
. What it is is something entirely different for every single human that takes a substance that affects their perception and cognition,
Original post by Personinsertname
It's never one thing.What about differing opinions, people , experiences.

In short, the problem is ignorance of the general population, mitigated only by the fact that they have been fed hysterically dumb propaganda since the 1930s. Anyone who thinks that Cannabis and, say Cocaine are equivalent substances, that they are equally 'bad', and that this can be stated quite objectively as a 'truth' just isn't intelligent enough to go to University...

That's really true, it is different for everyone taking drugs, but I think we're talking crack and heroin things that can really damage people lives, to a point where it's fatal.

.The idea that Drug Users are all criminal addicts is the thinking of a terminal bedwetter, one who is always controlled and conformist in their worldview, one who takes facts as a given rather than challenging them.

WHEN DID I SAY ALL DRUG USERS ARE CRIMINAL ADDICTS? I was talking about people on hard durgs which are hard to come clean (with)out help ( rehab)= drug addicts, people who are on some strong stuff and they cannot get off, is it their fault they;re in this position or Drug Dealers?

Anyone who thinks that Cannabis and, say Cocaine are equivalent substances, that they are equally 'bad', and that this can be stated quite objectively as a 'truth' just isn't intelligent enough to go to University...

No-one said this, however I was talking about hard drugs which aren't easy to stop, cocaine and crack, heroin, things that can really damage your well being.
Reply 15
Original post by dingleberry jam
How old are you? You're in a tiny minority if you really haven't.

Well i'm sorry but i'm a innocent girl. No drugs, smoking, alochol ( well a bit when i;m at work- one glass, but only surprised ).

I remember my NCS team refused to believe I had a boyfriend, because of how quiet I am.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well i'm sorry but i'm a innocent girl. No drugs, smoking, alochol ( well a bit when i;m at work- one glass, but only surprised ).

No need to be sorry, it's just a bit weird, but turns out you have used drugs anyway.
I was talking about people on hard durgs which are hard to come clean (with)out help ( rehab)= drug addicts, people who are on some strong stuff and they cannot get off, is it their fault they;re in this position or Drug Dealers?

Like alcohol? Very hard to come clean off that, similar dependence rate to cocaine too.
The addicts are to blame.
Reply 19
Original post by Blank_Planet
It is called "The Student Room", so...

So? Majority of users are probably college or school leavers based on popular threads.

But everything comes bakc to university ' well 16 or 22 year old relationship can work if 22 hasn't gone to university ' it's like everything is valued against and placed, (and it's only respected if you go to) university. You have to mention university all the time. Was it necessary to mention it on this particular thread? You have to bring university into everything. It's always something to do with university. It doesn't have to be relevant all the time. I haven't seen anyone obsession with Russel Group than thestudentroom. It's ridiculous. Life isn't just university. Difference being part of a student forum and masturbating to the Oxbridge rankings.

Latest

Trending

Trending