The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
You can as a private student. But bare in mind that it might clash with your end of year uni exams (which are mostly in May) and would you really want that added stress of essentially waiting for results day again.

I guess I'll wait and see. It would be nice to turn my B into an A or an A* by getting a better grade in that module though. I don't know if it's worth it or not.
Original post by target21859
Can you retake modules whilst at uni? One bad module brought down my grades by 2 grades :frown:

I know how you feel. It happened to me last year. AAU in maths (screw D1). C overall. But at least that was only for AS
Reply 9522
I guess I'll wait and see. It would be nice to turn my B into an A or an A* by getting a better grade in that module though. I don't know if it's worth it or not.

Personally I wouldn't but it is your decision. Did you get your firm?
How does that work for the more subjective, essay-based subjects though?

Surely what constitutes not following the mark scheme is in itself subjective?
I got a remark back. No change though :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that. What was it in?
Hey guys my school wont let me do A2 in Biology and Economics as I didn't get a minimum of a D. However I want to do those subjects for A-level. Is it possible for me to retake year 12 in another school and start again? Will they let me? Any advice much appreciated.
Original post by manisha98
i got AABB in my AS results and i got the Bs for maths and chemistry - 221/300 and 224/300 do you think its is possible for me to improve them to an A next year without doing any resits? i really need some advice can someone please help me and im planning to study medicine.

It is possible, but it will be hard. A2s are a fair bit harder than AS levels, so you'll need to work very hard. I'd suggest retaking a couple with your A2s tbh.
Original post by Abirella
Hey guys my school wont let me do A2 in Biology and Economics as I didn't get a minimum of a D. However I want to do those subjects for A-level. Is it possible for me to retake year 12 in another school and start again? Will they let me? Any advice much appreciated.

It is possible to retake Year 12, yes, but different schools will have different policies.
Please Anyone With Insight Of How Unis Make Offers. I Really Want Offers From These Unis! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4260850
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
PLEASE ANYONE WITH INSIGHT OF HOW UNIS MAKE OFFERS. I REALLY WANT OFFERS FROM THESE UNIS!! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4260850

Have you tried asking the universities concerned how they would view your results?

Shouting at A level students on TSR isn't likely to get you an answer.
Original post by PQ
Have you tried asking the universities concerned how they would view your results?

Shouting at A level students on TSR isn't likely to get you an answer.
I took initiative and e-mailed the admissions team of the universities yesterday. I think they gave me an "automatic" e-mail ; talked about how busy they were as it was results day and said they would get back to me shortly. No reply!

PS - sorry for my triggered caps lock
It's been a journey... I appreciate everyone who I've connected with over the past 60 or so days leading up to results day, you've all been a massive help. I'd also like to thank all of the mods @pq and the rest who gave up their time to reassure us! Onwards and upwards!
Well done everyone on their results! Hope you all got what you wanted! I certainly got a surprise with CCCD when I predicted UCCD!☺️
Original post by Aph
Personally I wouldn't but it is your decision. Did you get your firm?

Yeah I got into Warwick maths
Original post by joind4resultsday
I'm sorry to hear that. What was it in?

Physics. I got high a*s in two modules and a low c in another. Brought my grade down from A* to B :frown:

Nice, congrats.
Despite our differences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My track still isnt updated, I still apparenty hold conditional firm and insurance offers :s-smilie: although my firm uni has rejected me by emailing me, I called my insurance uni up and they said they will confirm my place after I send them my gcse certificates. Ive sent them off but I still havent got a place confirmed??! Anyone in a similar situation?
Reply 9537

Well done!!!
They you probably shouldn't resit because the stress will be insane.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Please Anyone With Insight Of How Unis Make Offers. I Really Want Offers From These Unis! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4260850

Well I know you hate me but I will give you help after you called me a dickhead anyway.
In AS i got AABD in maths FM physics and chem. So similar to yours.
I got offers from cambridge,warwick, ucl and kings and was rejected from imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics. I got high a*s in two modules and a low c in another. Brought my grade down from A* to B :frown:

How did you get the remark back so early?

Quick Reply

Latest