The Student Room Group

Please help me! Adjustment and firm accommodation issues.

So basically I'm freaking out right now because I went to book my uni accommodation this morning and nothing is left. I applied in November, but changed my course through Extra so I'm not guaranteed anything. I'm on a waiting list for some wildly over-priced accommodation that I probably can't afford but that's about as close as I am to having anywhere to live. I'm eligible for Adjustment and just registered for it. I was wondering whether I should look at other unis in the hope that I can actually go and have accommodation, or should I just stick it out with my current firm, where I may not possible have anywhere to live?? I'm worried I'm going to have exactly the same issue if I do apply elsewhere because it's so late, everything will be gone now. :frown:
Does the Uni offer to help you find non Uni accommodation? * Have you looked at student flat shares in the area? * Some can be much better value. *Keep trying the Uni accommodation and you might get lucky. *There will be students cancelling over the next few days.
Does the uni have a list of non-uni accommodation?
Original post by dragonsonmars
So basically I'm freaking out right now because I went to book my uni accommodation this morning and nothing is left. I applied in November, but changed my course through Extra so I'm not guaranteed anything. I'm on a waiting list for some wildly over-priced accommodation that I probably can't afford but that's about as close as I am to having anywhere to live. I'm eligible for Adjustment and just registered for it. I was wondering whether I should look at other unis in the hope that I can actually go and have accommodation, or should I just stick it out with my current firm, where I may not possible have anywhere to live?? I'm worried I'm going to have exactly the same issue if I do apply elsewhere because it's so late, everything will be gone now. :frown:

Congratulation on getting into university!

If you are eligible for Adjustment i would advise having a look around as some universities (like us) will guarantee all first year students accommodation even if they have been accepted through clearing/adjustment.

Over the last few years we have built 2,500 new bedrooms on our College Lane campus and refurbished all other College Lane bedrooms. Have a look on our new website at what we have available http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/student-accommodation

Good luck in your search!
Original post by Tiger Rag
Does the uni have a list of non-uni accommodation?

it does and I've gone through it all. All of it's fully booked except one which I rung up. They said they don't know if they're going to have any space and honestly seemed like they're really busy sorting out applications. I think they've received a few other calls from people like me because they were immediately like 'we don't know' as soon as I said 'I was just wondering you had any spaces' They emailed me an application form which I filled out and sent back, so now it's just waiting I suppose. :s-smilie:
Original post by janeyjaney
Does the Uni offer to help you find non Uni accommodation? * Have you looked at student flat shares in the area? * Some can be much better value. *Keep trying the Uni accommodation and you might get lucky. *There will be students cancelling over the next few days.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from one place I just registered at, as everywhere else is full, so hopefully they'll have space for me. I'm repeatedly refreshing and checking all the accommodation online in case I get lucky ahaha:redface: thank you!
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Congratulation on getting into university!

If you are eligible for Adjustment i would advise having a look around as some universities (like us) will guarantee all first year students accommodation even if they have been accepted through clearing/adjustment.

Over the last few years we have built 2,500 new bedrooms on our College Lane campus and refurbished all other College Lane bedrooms. Have a look on our new website at what we have available http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/student-accommodation

Good luck in your search!

thank you, I think I'll look into universities who offer accommodation whilst I wait; I was unaware that some unis offer that type of guarantee!:redface:
I've not heard back from the accommodation I applied for earlier today, however I called another uni and got offered a place to do a psychology masters and now I'm even more confused ahaha:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest