The Student Room Group

I want to start a free blog

I really wanna start a blog on the course I'm doing as a student this September
Any websites people reccomend that are good for starting up free blogs?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom77
I really wanna start a blog on the course I'm doing as a student this September
Any websites people reccomend that are good for starting up free blogs?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :biggrin:

This is fantastic news, I love hearing that students want to blog because it's so important that more students should blog.

I've ran a university blog since my first year and am still doing so today.
If you'd like to see it, let me know.

I use WordPress on the 'free plan' and it's been perfect for what I've needed.
Check it out!

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :biggrin:

This is fantastic news, I love hearing that students want to blog because it's so important that more students should blog.

I've ran a university blog since my first year and am still doing so today.
If you'd like to see it, let me know.

I use WordPress on the 'free plan' and it's been perfect for what I've needed.
Check it out!

Best of luck :smile:

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Can't wait to start it soon!! :smile:
Any other websites?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you!! :biggrin:
Can't wait to start it soon!! :smile:
Any other websites?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! - justgeorgej.wordpress.com (If you want to see mine).It depends on how seriously you want to take your blogging and how much control you want over personalisation. Either Blogger, LiveJournal, Tumblr etc.
No problem! - justgeorgej.wordpress.com (If you want to see mine).It depends on how seriously you want to take your blogging and how much control you want over personalisation. Either Blogger, LiveJournal, Tumblr etc.

Omg your one looks amazing!! Thank you! Yeah, I really want to take it seriously!
Can't wait!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Omg your one looks amazing!! Thank you! Yeah, I really want to take it seriously!
Can't wait!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why thank you :smile:
If you need any help or tips, or you have any questions or queries please feel free to ask!

Best of luck :biggrin:
Why thank you :smile:
If you need any help or tips, or you have any questions or queries please feel free to ask!

Best of luck :biggrin:

Hi again
I've created my domain name and I've got the site on Wordpress.
However, where do I even start? I'm so confused haha
Do we have to download the programme Wordpress?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Hi again
I've created my domain name and I've got the site on Wordpress.
However, where do I even start? I'm so confused haha
Do we have to download the programme Wordpress?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile:Fantastic! It takes a little while to get there but you want to start with a theme and get that set up - it's about looking around the website and just exploring a bit.

Nope! There is nothing to download!
Hello :smile:Fantastic! It takes a little while to get there but you want to start with a theme and get that set up - it's about looking around the website and just exploring a bit.

Nope! There is nothing to download!

Hiya
Yep I got my theme and site
thenextchemist.wordpres.com
That's all sorted
But I really wanna edit the site,
Oops, I think I downloaded the Wordpress programme. I'm not sure if it's useful, I haven't opened it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Hiya
Yep I got my theme and site
thenextchemist.wordpres.com
That's all sorted
But I really wanna edit the site,
Oops, I think I downloaded the Wordpress programme. I'm not sure if it's useful, I haven't opened it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile:

That's fantastic, you're on your way.
It's quite easy to edit/customise the site - if you head onto your website, in the top left corner it'll say 'Customise Website' or on the 'Home Page' where there is the menu on the left hand side, it'll say the same there near 'Themes'.

I've never heard of a WordPress Programme you can download - not from the official site anyway, only the apps for Mac and iPhone.
great idea wordpress is a good option
Hello :smile:

That's fantastic, you're on your way.
It's quite easy to edit/customise the site - if you head onto your website, in the top left corner it'll say 'Customise Website' or on the 'Home Page' where there is the menu on the left hand side, it'll say the same there near 'Themes'.

I've never heard of a WordPress Programme you can download - not from the official site anyway, only the apps for Mac and iPhone.

Thank you so much! Didn't realise it was that easy haha!
Spending my day customising the website :biggrin: excited!

Yeahh I just opened the programme and it's pretty much the same thing as going online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you so much! Didn't realise it was that easy haha!
Spending my day customising the website :biggrin: excited!

Yeahh I just opened the programme and it's pretty much the same thing as going online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem at all! It just takes a little exploring, sounds like a good plan :biggrin:
Ohh fair enough!
Wordpress is amazing. If you make a blog on there, let me know your username/blog name so I can follow you :smile:
I also strated a wordpress blog this summer, I think you should go for it. Although mine isn't really Uni related, more about what I've learnt about myself at Uni and putting my experiences (and knowledge) into context. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hellloooo. I also started a wordpress blog this summer, I think you should go for it. Although mine isn't really Uni related, more about what I've learnt about myself at Uni and putting my experiences (and knowledge) into context. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Wordpress is amazing. If you make a blog on there, let me know your username/blog name so I can follow you :smile:

Thank you!
It's Thenextchemist

It's not done yet haha
Still needs a lot of work done, but it's getting somewhere
Let me know yours :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBlueBiro
I also strated a wordpress blog this summer, I think you should go for it. Although mine isn't really Uni related, more about what I've learnt about myself at Uni and putting my experiences (and knowledge) into context. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your username? I'll check it out :smile:
Yeahh, I also don't want mine to be totally academic, but also about university life as well as my social life and the events I go too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi again
It's me :smile:
So I've slowly slowly gotten used to the site
One thing that i would like to do is every time I post a new blog post, I would like the text widgets at the bottom of my homepage to update, is there anyway to do this?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest