The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan eligibility

I'am originally from Northern Ireland (UK national) and have studied and lived in England for the past 3 years and will continue to live there; will I be eligible for the postgraduate loan offered by Student Finance England?From reading the GOV website I should be, however, some other sites say that in order to be successful I must have been previously living there prior to the beginning of my course for reasons other than study.
Original post by Paul_sj
I'am originally from Northern Ireland (UK national) and have studied and lived in England for the past 3 years and will continue to live there; will I be eligible for the postgraduate loan offered by Student Finance England?From reading the GOV website I should be, however, some other sites say that in order to be successful I must have been previously living there prior to the beginning of my course for reasons other than study.

Hi,

What was the original reason you came over to England?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi,

What was the original reason you came over to England?

Thanks

To study and work but now live there permanently. This is where I am uncertain, as it says on the GOV site that EU national students must have lived there for 3 years for reasons other than to study. As a UK national does the same condition apply; am I now considered ordinarily resident?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Paul_sj
To study and work but now live there permanently. This is where I am uncertain, as it says on the GOV site that EU national students must have lived there for 3 years for reasons other than to study. As a UK national does the same condition apply; am I now considered ordinarily resident?

If you weren't doing your Postgraduate course would you be returning to Northern Ireland or would you be staying in England to live?
Reply 4
Original post by Morven SFE
If you weren't doing your Postgraduate course would you be returning to Northern Ireland or would you be staying in England to live?

I'd be staying as I have already signed another tenancy agreement for the next 12 months. Id be living there regardless of the course
Original post by Paul_sj
I'd be staying as I have already signed another tenancy agreement for the next 12 months. Id be living there regardless of the course

I would suggest you submit an application for a Postgraduate loan, and explain this in full. This will allow our assessors to determine your eligibility, based on the most accurate information about your circumstances.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending