The Student Room Group

Someone help me... i was 2 marks off an A*

I missed my A* in maths by 2 marks somehow... i have NO idea how the grade boundaries for Core 4 were so high and why i lost so many marks... But i need 65/75.... i got 63/75.. I got 100% in Core 3 and 100% in core 2 and 100% in core 1 and somehow managed to drop 12 marks in my core 4?????? Idk how i thought that paper went reasonably well...
PLEASE HELP ME what should I do.. i NEED TO TAKE EVASIVE ACTION.. i need this A* grade!
Original post by Someboady
I missed my A* in maths by 2 marks somehow... i have NO idea how the grade boundaries for Core 4 were so high and why i lost so many marks... But i need 65/75.... i got 63/75.. I got 100% in Core 3 and 100% in core 2 and 100% in core 1 and somehow managed to drop 12 marks in my core 4?????? Idk how i thought that paper went reasonably well...
PLEASE HELP ME what should I do.. i NEED TO TAKE EVASIVE ACTION.. i need this A* grade!

Is the A* grade to meet an offer? If so, send it in for a remark. Otherwise, check out Clearing :yep:
Reply 2
I'd send it for a remark, regardless. Even if I had to pay for it.
Reply 3
So just to clarify... in Maths with working out.. does that count as interpretation? :/ so if the first examiner didnt give me marks for some working out, and the second examiner sees it and is like oh damn.. the first examiners a silly sausage... will i get those marks?

Because the margin is very small between the 63 and 65, there is both a possibility for it to drop and for it to increase.You might want to consider ordering a photocopy of your exam before you decide to review it, a couple of teachers at my school suggested to do that because a direct remark can be very risky. You can look at it and see whether it's worth the remark.The marking for the rest of your exams seems correlated, but there's definitely a reason behind the 63 - they probably marked it very harshly and the likelihood is that with another marker they'll scrutinise your answers more because you're essentially pointing out that there is a mistake with it. It's up to you though, if you need the grade to get into uni then a review is sensible. But if not and you just want the A*, there is a risk your A could go down. It's always good to email your teachers though if they're available. Hope that helps :smile:
So just to clarify... in Maths with working out.. does that count as interpretation? :/ so if the first examiner didnt give me marks for some working out, and the second examiner sees it and is like oh damn.. the first examiners a silly sausage... will i get those marks?

Yes I think so - can you get a photocopy and get your teacher to look at it or isn't there the time to do this?
Reply 6
Okay thanks

someone posted this..

Hey, if I was yOu I would get the exam you received a C in to be remarked before asking for the script back. Once your script is given back to you the marks cannot be changed unless there is significant change in your marks. The exa,im

someone posted this... is this true.. apparently it only applies if you get the original script back?
Reply 7
Ah thank you! How long does it take for a remark roughly?
Reply 8
Hi, I've requested for a photocopy of the script back and will get my teacher to go through it with me and decide whether to send it for a remark.
Thanks for your help

Quick Reply