The Student Room Group

Feeling hopeless after results day

Yesterday I got a shock, I knew for my AS levels I wouldn't get all As but I had hoped for at least BBCC. Opened my results to BDDD. now I feel dumb and useless. my B comes in Spanish which is the subject I hated , and I'm also keeping biology chemistry - dropping maths.
I'm lucky in the sense that my chemistry and biology grades won't count towards my final a2 result, but obviously my predictions will be low and I won't be able to apply for interesting degrees that I wanted to do.

My teacher suggested adjustment or that I should work hard om biology and chemistry to exceed my targets and then take a gap year and reapply at the end of a2.

But I'm just wondering - is it actually possible for someone to go from a D to an A or B? ... I would say I could have worked a lot harder but I wrote all my notes and did past papers so was expecting a C (esp in bio) . that's why i feel hopeless and like I can't do the degrees I've dreamed of doing or go to a top uni. I've ruined my life.
Original post by anaighj
Yesterday I got a shock, I knew for my AS levels I wouldn't get all As but I had hoped for at least BBCC. Opened my results to BDDD. now I feel dumb and useless. my B comes in Spanish which is the subject I hated , and I'm also keeping biology chemistry - dropping maths.
I'm lucky in the sense that my chemistry and biology grades won't count towards my final a2 result, but obviously my predictions will be low and I won't be able to apply for interesting degrees that I wanted to do.

My teacher suggested adjustment or that I should work hard om biology and chemistry to exceed my targets and then take a gap year and reapply at the end of a2.

But I'm just wondering - is it actually possible for someone to go from a D to an A or B? ... I would say I could have worked a lot harder but I wrote all my notes and did past papers so was expecting a C (esp in bio) . that's why i feel hopeless and like I can't do the degrees I've dreamed of doing or go to a top uni. I've ruined my life.

It certainly is possible, but you need to work out what went wrong this time around. Was your revision technique right for you, or do you need to think of a new technique?*

You've not ruined your life. I know it may be hard to see right now, but you still have many options available to you. :smile:*
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest