The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surina16
I'm so scared now. After seeing people's A Level results there have been loads of complaints about people who usually work at an A* getting papers back that have been given a D or something for example. This is especially for AQA I think which has me feeling that AQA has really messed up their marking this year 😭

:frown: oh my god

I've also heard OCR a level grade boundaries were so so high
6 of my subjects are with OCR
Go is telling me I got an A* in English Language but I don't to believe it! Hope it's true tho.
Original post by mxskaan
:frown: oh my god

I've also heard OCR a level grade boundaries were so so high
6 of my subjects are with OCR

OCR is the worst board to do subjects with.
You know how everyone wanted low grade boundaries for that B1 paper from AQA? It's rumoured the GBs are high; I reckon I got 19/60 on that paper, which is a U. A C grade is 28/60! I thought it was hard :frown:
Original post by Jamie Vardy
You know how everyone wanted low grade boundaries for that B1 paper from AQA? It's rumoured the GBs are high; I reckon I got 19/60 on that paper, which is a U. A C grade is 28/60! I thought it was hard :frown:

Its a rumour...not reality, hopefully :s-smilie:
Original post by ColossalAtom

Tbh I'm not that keen on any of the exam boards.
I also do AQA, Edexcel and CIE. Hate them all.
Quick question. Does the result sheet we get have any results from year 10 on it? I sat the core science exams in year 10 and got the results but lost the sheet and i need them for a college placement. Tried contacting my school for somehing but they're closed!
Does anyone know how their A-level targets are going to be set? On my induction day we briefly saw a slide saying that the grade you got the most in your GCSE's is directly linked to your A-level target. So if you got mostly A's you'd be targeted A/B, if you got mostly B's with a couple of A's you'd be targeted a B. There may be other factors that they didn't show us though.
Original post by Nabz99
Quick question. Does the result sheet we get have any results from year 10 on it? I sat the core science exams in year 10 and got the results but lost the sheet and i need them for a college placement. Tried contacting my school for somehing but they're closed!

the school would very likely be open on results day so maybe ask on the day?
Original post by Nabz99

the school would very likely be open on results day so maybe ask on the day?😃

I agree...:sadnod:
Original post by sahil19
Does anyone know how their A-level targets are going to be set? On my induction day we briefly saw a slide saying that the grade you got the most in your GCSE's is directly linked to your A-level target. So if you got mostly A's you'd be targeted A/B, if you got mostly B's with a couple of A's you'd be targeted a B. There may be other factors that they didn't show us though.

I disagree with this - while it may be a good indicator it's not set in stone. I did my GCSE's last year and got 7A*'s and 3A's. I had to work my socks off for this because I only decided towards the end that I really wanted to pursue a good career - for me this was medicine so I needed good grades. Biology and Chemistry were subjects I found quite tricky but super engaging so I was taking them for A level along with maths and music. I was never very high achieving for my year before sixth form but I decided right from the start of sixth form I was going to turn it around and do the best that I could. I got straight A's in my AS exams this year because of that and am predicted 2A*'s and 2A's for next year. Your A levels are what you make of them - don't let anyone put you off or tell you you can't turn anything around. You can :smile:
Original post by erinls2
I disagree with this - while it may be a good indicator it's not set in stone. I did my GCSE's last year and got 7A*'s and 3A's. I had to work my socks off for this because I only decided towards the end that I really wanted to pursue a good career - for me this was medicine so I needed good grades. Biology and Chemistry were subjects I found quite tricky but super engaging so I was taking them for A level along with maths and music. I was never very high achieving for my year before sixth form but I decided right from the start of sixth form I was going to turn it around and do the best that I could. I got straight A's in my AS exams this year because of that and am predicted 2A*'s and 2A's for next year. Your A levels are what you make of them - don't let anyone put you off or tell you you can't turn anything around. You can :smile:

Wow amazing grades, regardless of what I get in my GCSE's I'm going to work my socks off as I desperately want to go to a RG University. Just with the new system they only have your GCSE's and your A-level targets (they'll have one AS from me in politics) so I'm hopeful that my sixth form will set me target grades that appeal to the likes of UCL, Manchester etc.
I hope those high GBs are just rumours... I don't want bad grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is so true :colonhash::colonhash:

Original post by Nabz99

yeah they do, and if they don't you could probably ask them on the day to print it off
Im honestly dreading results day. One thing i know for sure is the fact that i will definitely get grades of a B or lower in more than 3 subjects, and im regretting not putting in enough time into revision :s-smilie:. Whats more terrifying is the fact that there is indeed a very good chance of me not doing well enough in these GCSE results in order to be eligible to take all the A level courses i want to take in Sixth form :frown:. All the best of luck to everyone this August 25th tho :smile:
Original post by Nhomie
Nooooo i know i will have just missed it 😭😭😭 i counted 78 on the first paper and 94 on the second im really not save

i think literally everyone didn't do as well in their first paper - I went in possibly aiming for a high B or low A and I think I counted 67 in non calc and 80 in calc (really rough estimates). That would be an A but I was really just estimating when counting so I could lose so many marks I'm scared!

But it seems everyone did worse in the first paper so hopefully that evens out the grade boundaries and makes them lower because it is gonna be really hit or miss whether I get an A or not :frown:
May the grade boundaries be forever in our favour.
What do you guys think the grade boundaries for maths AQA Linear B will be?
Original post by AlevelBiologist
What does everyone think the Grade boundary for an A will be for:AQA GCSE Mathematics Linear B (Higher)Summer 2016 Series

Original post by Fatimabibi_
What do you guys think the grade boundaries for maths AQA Linear B will be?

It's pretty consistent every year. Always about 146 for an A* and 117 for an A. I thought this year's paper was a lot easier though so I think they might increase very slightly?

Latest