The Student Room Group

Loughborough VS Newcastle

Hey guys, I managed to get AAA and now have offers from Lbro and Newcastle through clearing for chemical engineering, I have no idea on where I want to go they both look very good, Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Both top notch. I would just pick whichever one you liked the look of, close to home, provide more bursaries, facilities, things like that. At that level the differences are more subjective and not really very conclusive. One does not trump the other so just choose whichever you like best, as they are both on opposite ends of the country!
Original post by TrojanH
Both top notch. I would just pick whichever one you liked the look of, close to home, provide more bursaries, facilities, things like that. At that level the differences are more subjective and not really very conclusive. One does not trump the other so just choose whichever you like best, as they are both on opposite ends of the country!

Loughborough is closer I would commute only a twenty minute drive from where I live! I guess your right I'll have to have a look at he facilities etc and just go for the one I prefer.
Original post by WhatareTHOSEEE
Loughborough is closer I would commute only a twenty minute drive from where I live! I guess your right I'll have to have a look at he facilities etc and just go for the one I prefer.

Hey WhatareTHOSEEE

Congratulations on your fantastic results - great to hear that Loughborough's in the mix :smile:

Have you heard about our Open House event tomorrow? If you're close, come along between 10 and 2 and you can see the Department, check out the facilities and just generally get a feel for things here. You just need to book your place via our online form.

We hope to see you there and to be welcoming you in a few weeks :biggrin:

In the meantime, if you have any other questions relating to the course or life here more generally, just shout.

Teresa
Original post by Loughborough University
Hey WhatareTHOSEEE

Congratulations on your fantastic results - great to hear that Loughborough's in the mix :smile:

Have you heard about our Open House event tomorrow? If you're close, come along between 10 and 2 and you can see the Department, check out the facilities and just generally get a feel for things here. You just need to book your place via our online form.

We hope to see you there and to be welcoming you in a few weeks :biggrin:

In the meantime, if you have any other questions relating to the course or life here more generally, just shout.

Teresa

Hey I decided to go Loughborough and just added it as my clearing choice on ucas! Can't wait 😂
Original post by WhatareTHOSEEE
Hey I decided to go Loughborough and just added it as my clearing choice on ucas! Can't wait 😂

Excellent news :biggrin::biggrin:

We look forward to welcoming you to campus next month! You'll love it here :smile:

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest