The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Tort scenario 1- you should have:
Negligent misstatement resulting in economic loss
General negligence - specific reference to remoteness was the damage too remote? Probably not
Nervous shock (psych injury) - what did everyone conclude for this?

Private nuisance- Hamid can claim his friend cannot no legal interest in the land.. I think they were 3 factors of an unreasonable use of land (location,duration,public benefit)
Private nuisance- act of revenge amounts to a nuisance (Christine v Davey)
Rule in Rylands
Original post by _Alicetindale
What was the service exactly ?

i thought it was a banking service, since he got her to transfer money to his account. :s-smilie:

i think theft was the appropriate now thinking about it.
Original post by Studybuddy5721
i thought it was a banking service, since he got her to transfer money to his account. :s-smilie:

i think theft was the appropriate now thinking about it.

You don't pay to transfer money though really. In order to obtain a service dishonestly you'd have to either not pay for it in full (eg. Jumping over a train barrier to get on the train for free) or only pay partially when you should pay the full amount (eg. Getting a child ticket when you're over 16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katherine9609
You don't pay to transfer money though really. In order to obtain a service dishonestly you'd have to either not pay for it in full (eg. Jumping over a train barrier to get on the train for free) or only pay partially when you should pay the full amount (eg. Getting a child ticket when you're over 16)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didnt do this scenario but youre correct. the case of sofroniou states services do not include free services!
Original post by NHM
I thought scenario 2 looked awful so went with 1 what was on it??

Occupiers Liability 57 and 84
Product Liability
Medical Negligence
Vicarious Liability

I just read through scenario 1 and as soon as I saw Nuisance I turned over
Reply 625
Original post by xFloody
Occupiers Liability 57 and 84
Product Liability
Medical Negligence
Vicarious Liability

I just read through scenario 1 and as soon as I saw Nuisance I turned over

Ouch - I hate the OLA 1984! That's why I chose scenario 1 not so keen on vicarious liability either!
Reply 626
Does anyone know if A2 papers are marked harsh? I missed afew things out because of time and I really need an A :frown: I got 157 last year. Please someone reply
Reply 627
Original post by axs
Does anyone know if A2 papers are marked harsh? I missed afew things out because of time and I really need an A :frown: I got 157 last year. Please someone reply

No they are marked really generously in comparison with other subjects!!
Reply 628
Original post by NHM
No they are marked really generously in comparison with other subjects!!

Are you sure? My teacher always scared us all year saying a level law is marked super harsh :frown: I'm really worried because I need an A and I missed afew things out because I had to move into the concepts!
Original post by axs
Are you sure? My teacher always scared us all year saying a level law is marked super harsh :frown: I'm really worried because I need an A and I missed afew things out because I had to move into the concepts!

My teacher who's an examiner for law 4 would never show us model answers because he said students would see how easy it was to get a clear/sound.
So I assume its marked quite leniently
Reply 630
Yeah exactly my teacher marks all units apart from unit 1 and it's a surprise how lenient they are!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put fraud by false rep, theft and I also added dishonestly obtaining services, only because they described her as a businesswoman and therefore she was at work when performing the transactions and stuff, I don't think it was a major thing though haha
Original post by axs

Don't worry! Teachers definitely tend to not give credit for when a potential mark isn't perfect to deter you from making similar mistakes again and to let you know the worst case scenario. In the mark scheme genuinely one of the first things it says is the bare in mind that the candidates are 18 year olds under exam pressure too. Also many people find timing to be an issue so the grade boundaries won't be sky high either:smile:
Reply 633
Original post by 11streete
Don't worry! Teachers definitely tend to not give credit for when a potential mark isn't perfect to deter you from making similar mistakes again and to let you know the worst case scenario. In the mark scheme genuinely one of the first things it says is the bare in mind that the candidates are 18 year olds under exam pressure too. Also many people find timing to be an issue so the grade boundaries won't be sky high either:smile:

Oh okay Thankyou so much!! :smile:
Reply 634
Can someone please help me;
I did tort law unit 4, I think my essay( BCI) went okay, I did scenario 1 and think the first question was okay also however for the second scenario I messed up completley.
I put private nuisance for the first one (can't remember the names now) but forgot parts so it wasn't good, then for the second part I made the absolute tragic mistake of doing public nuisance rather than private, i'm so annoyed with myself. For the last bit I feel like my Rylands and Fletcher was okay.
Im just wondering does anyone know how much this will affect the grade of this paper, would a B be potentially possible or is that ludicrous?
I was aiming for an A overall but both of my A2 exams didn't go as well as I had hoped. Now I'm worried I won't even manage a B....
Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smile:
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Law go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

law

There was no DR for scenario 2
Original post by Tyrelldk_
There was no DR for scenario 2

how do you have the mark scheme?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
how do you have the mark scheme?

Someone posted a google drive link with all the AQA mark schemes, papers and & examiner reports a day before results day
Someone posted a google drive link with all the AQA mark schemes, papers and & examiner reports a day before results day

Could you link it to me please? Also how did you do for law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending