The Student Room Group

Is my bio grade too low to apply for genetics?

I got a D in AS biology (OCR A reformed one) and now I'm confident of my learning style I'm sure I can get that up to a C/B next year. Do I still apply for genetics at...
Swansea (ABB-BBB) 1st
UEA (ABB) 2nd
Aberystwyth (BBB-BBC)
Chester (BBC-BCC)
Nottingham (ABB- this one is an iffy)

My mum just sat me down to give me a "realization" talk aka she doesn't think I can achieve it :frown:
pls
Nobody is helping me with my future why
Original post by ImagineCats
Nobody is helping me with my future why

I think most of the more knowledgeable members are concentrating on people whose A2s didn't go to plan, and people who are not 100% sure don't want to give you incorrect advice.
Original post by AlexS101
I think most of the more knowledgeable members are concentrating on people whose A2s didn't go to plan, and people who are not 100% sure don't want to give you incorrect advice.

Ah thats understandable. Thanks for the reply
Reply 5
I got a B in AS History but retook one of the modules and ended up getting an A at AS and an A* at A2 so I got an A* overall. Nothing is impossible :smile: Just work hard!!
I got a D in AS biology (OCR A reformed one) and now I'm confident of my learning style I'm sure I can get that up to a C/B next year. Do I still apply for genetics at...
Swansea (ABB-BBB) 1st
UEA (ABB) 2nd
Aberystwyth (BBB-BBC)
Chester (BBC-BCC)
Nottingham (ABB- this one is an iffy)

My mum just sat me down to give me a "realization" talk aka she doesn't think I can achieve it :frown:
Original post by Amii567
I got a B in AS History but retook one of the modules and ended up getting an A at AS and an A* at A2 so I got an A* overall. Nothing is impossible :smile: Just work hard!!

Well done for that! Congratulations!
Reply 7
Well done for that! Congratulations!

Aw thank you! I think that if you feel confident that you can get the grade then go for it. One of my friends got a D in AS Biology and managed to get it up to a B and she got accepted into her first choice. If you do decide to go for it then just make sure that your Biology teacher predicts you a B/C. Universities will be a lot more likely to give you an offer if you are predicted to achieve that B/C. The teacher will probably recommend doing a resit and that can really help your overall grade :smile: Good luck!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
I got a CCC last year and overall in biology, maths and physics, and I just got into Swansea genetics as my firm choice even with an offer of BBB, so it's always worth a shot :smile:
Original post by HejLegolas
I got a CCC last year and overall in biology, maths and physics, and I just got into Swansea genetics as my firm choice even with an offer of BBB, so it's always worth a shot :smile:

Reckon they'll hate that D? Argh
Congratulations! I absolutely love that place. The med school is so preeeeetty! Enjoy freshers. Are you living in HSV or Singleton?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending