The Student Room Group

AS results- moving forward

hello to all, i got my AS level results and they were a real disappointment, i got a C for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History. i want to do medicine and so i don't know how to proceed. my predicted grades were mostly A's and one B, unfortunately for nearly the whole Year 12 I had to help and cope with my Brother's mental health problem and so my grades suffered, the school knew and tried their best to help, giving me special consideration, even with this i only got all C's. Thanks to all who help
Original post by Ragner Theobald
hello to all, i got my AS level results and they were a real disappointment, i got a C for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History. i want to do medicine and so i don't know how to proceed. my predicted grades were mostly A's and one B, unfortunately for nearly the whole Year 12 I had to help and cope with my Brother's mental health problem and so my grades suffered, the school knew and tried their best to help, giving me special consideration, even with this i only got all C's. Thanks to all who help

Sorry to hear about your grades and brother's mental health problem.*

If you can convince your teachers and get predicted at least AAA and score that next year, you'll still have a chance. See if you can apply for mitigating circumstances when applying too.
Original post by usycool1
Sorry to hear about your grades and brother's mental health problem.*

If you can convince your teachers and get predicted at least AAA and score that next year, you'll still have a chance. See if you can apply for mitigating circumstances when applying too.

my teachers at my school know and they are allowing me to continue the subjects to the next year, but my concern is that the prestigious universities that i want to go to, they probably wont accept me
You can resit your subjects? But that will be alot of work tbh..and honestly writing resits on the uni application dont do you any good.i suggest you work your hardest in A2 exams and that will build up your grade.
Have you thought about a gap year? Maybe you can resit some if you still havent achieved the grades you wanted.
Ive recieved my A2 results and were a bit dissapointed with the D..so im gonna take a gapy year and see if they will let me do A level HSC somwwhere so i get a good grade and have more choices for courses!
Anyways dw about it..you still got a year and ik if youre determined you will do it! Good luck xx
Original post by Wonderthrume
You can resit your subjects? But that will be alot of work tbh..and honestly writing resits on the uni application dont do you any good.i suggest you work your hardest in A2 exams and that will build up your grade.
Have you thought about a gap year? Maybe you can resit some if you still haven't achieved the grades you wanted.
Ive recieved my A2 results and were a bit dissapointed with the D..so im gonna take a gapy year and see if they will let me do A level HSC somwwhere so i get a good grade and have more choices for courses!
Anyways dw about it..you still got a year and ik if youre determined you will do it! Good luck xx

they said i can resit, but i think that's a terrible idea especially with unis like imperial college of London saying they wont accept any resits btw if it helps i got 8 A*/A and 2 B's in GCSE's
(edited 7 years ago)
i got 8 A*/A and 2 B's in GCSE's if it helps
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest