The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Rabbi stabbed in France, attacker shouts 'Allahu Akhbar'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BobSausage
Is it against green policies to want revenge? Or is it just you're scared I'm giving the greens a bad name?

Nah I'm not scared lol. It's just IIRC they have a preference for rehabilitation over punishment.
Reply 21
Original post by The_JoKeR
The attacker must have some kind of a mental disorder...

He is a mad Bhuddist
Original post by Trapz99
I made a thread about that. Hardly anyone responded.

Ah damn man I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier :frown:
It just annoys me when people say 'breaking news' about a stabbing which isn't even life threatening (not that I'm saying it isn't bad), when there's blatant hateful attacks towards people due to their beliefs which results in unnecessary deaths :/
Reply 23
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Nah I'm not scared lol. It's just IIRC they have a preference for rehabilitation over punishment.

:smile: Scared wasn't the right word. But I'm more for the free university, renewable energy and sustainability side of the party but I mean it's starting to get too much, every week another attack in the name of so called Islamic state, and how do we react, kindness and forgiveness, but fighting people who see this as yet another way to make them seem the victims and use our acceptance to organise more attacks. It is just getting ridiculous and there is no way to stop them especially not rehabilitation, rehabilitation just prepares them to be extremised again and in this war it cannot be used as a way of stopping their acts of evil. So many of these extremists are already on the terror watch lists and have criminal records, but attempt to rehabilitate them and they kill you. It is a downward spiral.
In fact I propose it to be like this. Rehabilitation is an Eastern idea. It is like the Americans invading Vietnam and expecting to win, because they won in the east. Their weapons were not suited, they were not trained in the warfare and ultimately they lost because they were fighting in the west using eastern ideas and technologies. In the same way rehabilitation is ineffective against these people, trying to fight Western fighters with eastern ideologies is not going to work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dez
When was the last time the news broke a story about a jew stabbing a muslim though?

Gotta love the media's selection bias.

To be fair, Jews get attacked by Muslims in France quite often and it usually doesn't make the news.*
Original post by greys-anatomy
What about the man who shot dead two muslims walking down the street in New york last week?

Original post by Trapz99
I made a thread about that. Hardly anyone responded.

There were like 3 threads on that and one of them had countless replies and extended into quite a few pages. But don't let that distract you from your rant lol*
(edited 7 years ago)
Remember; terrorists are a tiny minority and do not represent all Muslims. However, Jews are all responsible for the conduct of the Israeli government.
What about the man who shot dead two muslims walking down the street in New york last week?

How do you know it was an ideologically motivated attack?

Or the guy who shot and killed his Lebanese neighbour for being a 'filthy Arab', having previously ran his mother over and consistently tormented the family
Original post by KingBradly

Why is the ideological motivation so important? Surely the fact that two completely innocent Muslims were killed in the streets of NY should shock you.

what about it?

How is what seems a gang related issue any way relevant to this attack?
Original post by alevelstresss
Why is the ideological motivation so important?

:biggrin:
Original post by KingBradly

I mean, when a Muslim Imam and his assistant are shot dead after leaving Saturday prayers at a mosque, by a man who ran up to them and specifically shot them at point blank range - you'd think it was an ideologically motivated attack right?
Original post by BaconandSauce
what about it?

How is what seems a gang related issue any way relevant to this attack?

gang related issue? A muslim cleric and his assistant were shot dead after leaving the mosque for saturday prayers by a man they have never met before? Tell me how thats a 'gang related issue'???
gang related issue? A muslim cleric and his assistant were shot dead after leaving the mosque for saturday prayers by a man they have never met before? Tell me how thats a 'gang related issue'???

it seems the Muslims have been pissing off the Mexicans off by trying to muscle into the drugs trade in the city

Reports have claimed it is because of this they were targeted

but if I could explain how gang violence works and why dealers target who they do I wouldn't be posting on a student forum :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
it seems the Muslims have been pissing off the Mexicans off by trying to muscle into the drugs trade in the city

Reports have claimed it is because of this they were targeted

but if I could explain how gang violence works and why dealers target who they do I wouldn't be posting on a student forum :biggrin:

hmmmm maybe haha
But the point is that two innocent people got targeted and killed for no other reason than their belief and way of life, and that in itself should be breaking news tbh
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why single out Merkel? Most attacks are by the children of previous waves of immigrants; at the moment we are reaping what we sowed in previous generations, even before Merkel, who has nothing to do with France's muslim population

No but Merkel has destabilised Europe, with her asinine "open door" immigration policy. She has single handedly destroyed Europe by literally inviting in millions of mostly undocumented people, from possibly shady background. Islamic state aren't stupid, don't you think they would use the migrant crisis as an opportunity to send their fighters to Europe to wreak havoc? Almost everyday I turn on the news I hear something about an Islamist attack in Europe. No wonder the right wing have grown in support across the continent.
hmmmm maybe haha
But the point is that two innocent people got targeted and killed for no other reason than their belief and way of life, and that in itself should be breaking news tbh

But as I said it seems they were targeted because of drugs not because of their faith
[QUOTE="Zakriah;67057718"]How deluded does someone have to be to believe that God would be proud of them killing another human being? Jeez
We have a moral compass for a reason... Sigh[/QUOTE

The Koran explicitly orders believers to kill the infidels, I suggest you read it
But as I said it seems they were targeted because of drugs not because of their faith

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-york-shooting-idUSKCN10O0X4

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/drive-by-shooter-queens-gravely-injures-men-article-1.2749901

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/08/killed-shooting-york-mosque-160813213229627.html

Here's just some articles, none of them mention drugs at all??? One of them says it could be because of a robbery gone wrong, but where's the drugs man?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending