The Student Room Group

Really need help! Stuck between so many options...

Hey guys
I didnt get any universities for biomedical sciences
I am calling Brunel but they want a B in biology however I got C for all bio maths and psychology. I have a provisional offer at herts to do this course but this offer is only available till tomorow morning.

I also have an offer from queen mary to do a foundation degree. what are the chances of me getting into biomedical sciences?

I really dont know what to do now..i ams till calling brunel university but what are the chances of the B being lowered to a C in the grade requirements.

What do you think...i feel my head is going to explode:/
Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Hey guys
I am calling Brunel but they want a B in biology however I got C for all bio maths and psychology. I have a provisional offer at herts to do this course but this offer is only available till tomorow morning.

I also have an offer from queen mary to do a foundation degree. what are the chances of me getting into biomedical sciences?

I really dont know what to do now..i ams till calling brunel university but what are the chances of the B being lowered to a C in the grade requirements.

I'd be inclined to take the foundation year. The course will fill in any gaps in your biology knowledge which could account for the C, and put you in a better position to do well in the full degree.
Hey guys

You can always contact universities and ask them to extend the deadline on your clearing offers (if you explain that you want to be sure you're making the right decision then they'll only refuse if they're ********s - and you wouldn't want to study with a university who place their own convenience above your welfare)

Is there any chance you'd look beyond london? That would give you a lot more options
Reply 3
A foundation year can be a great option to get you to the level you need for a degree
(edited 7 years ago)

Have QMUL said that you'd be doing a foundation year for biomed?
http://www.sefp.qmul.ac.uk/home/progression/index.html "It is not normally possible to change to another subject area (or School) once you have started on the Foundation Programme."

Don't accept the foundation hoping to swap if they haven't given you assurance that you'll get onto the degree you want if you pass.

QMUL's foundation years are better than most but they're not a free pass onto any subject
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'd be inclined to take the foundation year. The course will fill in any gaps in your biology knowledge which could account for the C, and put you in a better position to do well in the full degree.

Original post by sdotd
A foundation year can be a great option to get you to the level you need foelr a degree

Original post by sdotd
A foundation year can be a great option to get you to the level you need foelr a degree

Original post by Carnationlilyrose

I know what you guys mean but i want to do biomedicine...what are the chances that queen mary will give me a place to do biomed after this one year foundation course?

Also do you guys know anything about hertfordhisre uni
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
You can always contact universities and ask them to extend the deadline on your clearing offers (if you explain that you want to be sure you're making the right decision then they'll only refuse if they're ********s - and you wouldn't want to study with a university who place their own convenience above your welfare)

Is there any chance you'd look beyond london? That would give you a lot more options

no i really want to stay in london...do you know anything about hertfordshire uni
I know what you guys mean but i want to do biomedicine...what are the chances that queen mary will give me a place to do biomed after this one year foundation course?

You need to ask QMUL this
[QUOTE=cheerupgrrl5[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];67061676]no i really want to stay in london...do you know anything about hertfordshire uni
I know they're very good for animation and art based courses. I'm afraid I don't know anything about their science courses.
Original post by PQ
You need to ask QMUL this

I know they're very good for animation and art based courses. I'm afraid I don't know anything about their science courses.

I did but they said I have to get certain percentages and do really well...but i dont get how well..and also there is a risk of not actually doing well and going back to square one...do you know if after the foundation course I have to reapply for a biomeds course through ucas or how it works?
Thanks
Hey guys

Congratulations on receiving an offer for the University if Hertfordshire!

The best way to make up your mind would be to visit the University to see where you will be studying and see the campus, services and facilities on offer.

We will be running events tomorrow (Saturday 20 August) and all week next week so that can come the University and look around both campuses and have a look around. To see more information please look on our website: http://www.herts.ac.uk/clearing/clearing-open-days-and-campus-tours

You will also get the opportunity to see the accommodation that we have on offer, as all first year students are guaranteed accommodation if they want it.
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Congratulations on receiving an offer for the University if Hertfordshire!

The best way to make up your mind would be to visit the University to see where you will be studying and see the campus, services and facilities on offer.

We will be running events tomorrow (Saturday 20 August) and all week next week so that can come the University and look around both campuses and have a look around. To see more information please look on our website: http://www.herts.ac.uk/clearing/clearing-open-days-and-campus-tours

You will also get the opportunity to see the accommodation that we have on offer, as all first year students are guaranteed accommodation if they want it.

oh thank you
I have to add this choice by otmorow morning or else I dont get a confirmation to accept
Do you know how long I have to actually accept this offer after I have been offered it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending