The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Well i got 2 offers missed first one reapplied got in again. First time Fitzwilliam(plainly cause i knew someone there lol) second time Homerton(DoS was rather positive in response and accomadation)

You reapplied the following year? I am assuming that you went up for Engineering. Did you have any other non-academic attribute that was fantastic?

Why did you change from Fitz to Homerton? Any particular reason.
Original post by Wired_1800
You reapplied the following year? I am assuming that you went up for Engineering. Did you have any other non-academic attribute that was fantastic?

Why did you change from Fitz to Homerton? Any particular reason.

Literally no, i had good module scores in Maths and FM.
I am going for Maths.
It is advised that you don't reapply to same college. My mind was sidney sussex queens or homerton.
I missed my offer this year aswell but I did some maths olympiads and came top ten in the UK which swayed it I think.
Hi! Can someone help me? My 16 year old son got stright A's at AS in: Marine Science, French, Spanish, Biology and Chemistry. And an A* at A2 Spanish.
His lowest % was 89% and highest 93.66% in Chemistry 281 UMS. The school say he should be working towards A* next year. Too much pressure!
Can anyone give me an idea of the degree of possibility of getting A* at A2 on his results. (We live in Spain) I'm guessing that + 41 UMS at AS will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Literally no, i had good module scores in Maths and FM.
I am going for Maths.
It is advised that you don't reapply to same college. My mind was sidney sussex queens or homerton.
I missed my offer this year aswell but I did some maths olympiads and came top ten in the UK which swayed it I think.

Well done, then.

I wish you the very best. Have a good time there. :biggrin:
Original post by Aph
Yeah I've read that. It just means that for those of us who never expect to use our overdraft there is little choise.

(read the part about stoozing then :yes: )
Original post by Antonia Jane
Hi! Can someone help me? My 16 year old son got stright A's at AS in: Marine Science, French, Spanish, Biology and Chemistry. And an A* at A2 Spanish.
His lowest % was 89% and highest 93.66% in Chemistry 281 UMS. The school say he should be working towards A* next year. Too much pressure!
Can anyone give me an idea of the degree of possibility of getting A* at A2 on his results. (We live in Spain) I'm guessing that + 41 UMS at AS will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the 41 UMS doesn't make a difference for getting an A* because you need 90% UMS in A2 to get an A*. it makes it easier to get an A though
Original post by Antonia Jane

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am assuming your son does international A-levels.

In that case, his UMS won't really help him to get an A*, other than meeting the 480/600 required across the whole A-level (which is the easy bit). To get an A* he must get 270/300 across his A2 modules.
Reply 9567
Original post by PQ
(read the part about stoozing then :yes: )

Doesn't seem worth the risks if something goes wrong just for an extra £120 :redface:
If I can open a normal account with reasonable interest I might just transfer any spare over to that at the end of each term. If only interest rates were higher, back up to 8-10% instead of 3-5% at most.
How long do you have to fill in the Reply to AS12B offer form?

I found a post saying it is 14 days on thestudentroom but can't find anything "official " on the UCAS site
Original post by Oiseaux
DMU ****ed me up too (Audiology). They claimed they sent it in the post and email in June but I received nothing. It's pathetic.

Wow im literally the same i got more points and grades than others on the course yet i didnt recieve anything and they claim they sent it me.... I put deposit down for a flat as i was confident of getting in its pathetic from them and unprofessional since theyre adament they sent it out... The other thing which annoyed me was they claimed it said on ucas it was part of the offer to have it completed... Yet it wasnt explicitly clear that they would send it out it says the deadline is 23/24th june or something however a student is highly unlikely to read that when its on the bottom after the requirements....

Im really frustrated what uni are you planning on going to?
Reply 9570
Original post by Aph
Yeah I've read that. It just means that for those of us who never expect to use our overdraft there is little choise.

1) Get a Santander student account for the railcard and a TSB current account for the 5% interest (on sums up to £2,000), paid monthly.
2) Transfer your £1,500 Santander overdraft into the TSB current account, do not pass go, collect tons of interest each month.

The TSB account does require you to put £500 into it each month - but this is measured very crudely. All you need to do is set up two standing orders to shift your overdraft in a circle.

1st of the month: £500 from TSB to Santander
2nd of the month: £500 from Santander to TSB

Sorted.
Original post by Tabath
How long do you have to fill in the Reply to AS12B offer form?

I found a post saying it is 14 days on thestudentroom but can't find anything "official " on the UCAS site

It should say on your letter what you need to do and when
Original post by PQ
It should say on your letter what you need to do and when

Theres a link to the form to fill on the university website but no mention anywhere of how long you have to submit it
Original post by Tabath
Theres a link to the form to fill on the university website but no mention anywhere of how long you have to submit it

Give them a quick ring and ask them :yes:
Anyone got the 2016 OCR A Level Papers?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Wow im literally the same i got more points and grades than others on the course yet i didnt recieve anything and they claim they sent it me.... I put deposit down for a flat as i was confident of getting in its pathetic from them and unprofessional since theyre adament they sent it out... The other thing which annoyed me was they claimed it said on ucas it was part of the offer to have it completed... Yet it wasnt explicitly clear that they would send it out it says the deadline is 23/24th june or something however a student is highly unlikely to read that when its on the bottom after the requirements....

Im really frustrated what uni are you planning on going to?

It's pointless trying to argue with them too because they won't admit they're wrong. I looked in the "letters" section of UCAS too and there's no proof of it so idk why they're trying to pretend they send it in the post. Quite a few people are in the same position I think. I'm in clearing now (DMU was my insurance) so I have no idea. What about you? I'm so annoyed:angry:
Original post by Oiseaux
It's pointless trying to argue with them too because they won't admit they're wrong. I looked in the "letters" section of UCAS too and there's no proof of it so idk why they're trying to pretend they send it in the post. Quite a few people are in the same position I think. I'm in clearing now (DMU was my insurance) so I have no idea. What about you? I'm so annoyed:angry:

Which university was this? Was it DMU? How is clearing going? Any options?

Sorry to hear about this. I am sure that it is difficult for you.
Original post by Oiseaux

I think we should ring or put a case together bring it higher up to the media or someone who can take action etc since this is not on. I have got an insurance choice of manchester what was your firm?

Its a joke how i met academic option yet didnt meet a form check...
Original post by Tskadem
Anyone got the 2016 OCR A Level Papers?

Only teachers and exam officers have access to the latest papers that's just been taken.
Original post by Wired_1800
Which university was this? Was it DMU? How is clearing going? Any options?

Sorry to hear about this. I am sure that it is difficult for you.

Yep this was dmu for me aswell how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest