The Student Room Group

English Language AS Result - Remark?

Hi, I got my AS results yesterday and found out that I got a B in AQA English Language when I was predicted and hoping for an A. I got an A* in GCSE English Language and really wanted an A this year. I spoke to my teacher who told me that I got 95/140 on both papers added together, which was a B. It was 83/140 for a B and 97/140 for an A. I don't know whether to get my papers remarked as I don't mind losing money if they don't change or go down a bit but I'm worried because my teacher said there's a chance that my 95 could drop to below 83 if it is remarked. Any suggestions as to what to do? Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by tsr1807
Hi, I got my AS results yesterday and found out that I got a B in AQA English Language when I was predicted and hoping for an A. I got an A* in GCSE English Language and really wanted an A this year. I spoke to my teacher who told me that I got 95/140 on both papers added together, which was a B. It was 83/140 for a B and 97/140 for an A. I don't know whether to get my papers remarked as I don't mind losing money if they don't change or go down a bit but I'm worried because my teacher said there's a chance that my 95 could drop to below 83 if it is remarked. Any suggestions as to what to do? Thanks in advance! :smile:

The system of remarking has changed. It used to be about challenging the examiners' marking and whether it was. Now, it's only used to see if there was a technical error in the way marking was done.

So I wouldn't advise you to get it remarked as if your teacher doesn't think there was any technical error, then you should trust their professional opinion and let this one go hon.

Don't risk it in case it does go down.
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
The system of remarking has changed. It used to be about challenging the examiners' marking and whether it was. Now, it's only used to see if there was a technical error in the way marking was done.

So I wouldn't advise you to get it remarked as if your teacher doesn't think there was any technical error, then you should trust their professional opinion and let this one go hon.

Don't risk it in case it does go down.

Is it likely that it would go down by so many marks?
Original post by tsr1807
Is it likely that it would go down by so many marks?

I'm not sure. I don't have any data from your school about your whole cohort or about any other schools/colleges near yours to suggest anything. But your teacher does and most likely they have looked at the data and then gave you the advice they did.

So from that, I would say it's likely it would go down if your teacher looked at the results which they most likely did.

I wouldn't bother with remarks anyway. It's not a recommended thing just because you're unhappy with some of the marks. I would get it remarked if you got a D but were predicted an A, etc. But since that's not the case then there's no need imo.
Reply 4
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I'm not sure. I don't have any data from your school about your whole cohort or about any other schools/colleges near yours to suggest anything. But your teacher does and most likely they have looked at the data and then gave you the advice they did.

So from that, I would say it's likely it would go down if your teacher looked at the results which they most likely did.

I wouldn't bother with remarks anyway. It's not a recommended thing just because you're unhappy with some of the marks. I would get it remarked if you got a D but were predicted an A, etc. But since that's not the case then there's no need imo.

Thank you for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending