The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Rabbi stabbed in France, attacker shouts 'Allahu Akhbar'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucasnorth

The Koran explicitly orders believers to kill the infidels, I suggest you read it

So are the 1.6 BILLION Muslims who have never killed an 'infidel' poor Muslims?
Original post by alevelstresss
So are the 1.6 BILLION Muslims who have never killed an 'infidel' poor Muslims?

They are fortunately much more moral than their religion. Seriously though have you ever read the Koran?

I'll try and find the report

But as I said 'apparently it has been reported'

But as we don't know why I think you are a little preemptive claiming it 'was because of their faith'

But this has nothing to do with the OP other than to derail the thread to make Muslim look like victims (which in this case they are NOT)
Reply 43
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Are they still gonna make Israel the big bad guy as well after this?

Damn straight..
Original post by BaconandSauce
It's a sad state of affairs when a muslim attacking a Jew with a knife is not news worthy

Who gives a toss what religion they are?
Original post by Napp
Damn straight..

Who gives a toss what religion they are?

Obviously the Muslim who stabbed a Jew while shouting 'allah cafe bar' did
They are fortunately much more moral than their religion. Seriously though have you ever read the Koran?

I've read parts of it and it is despicable, yes, but it was written for a different society 1500 years ago - the vast majority of Muslims are decent enough to realise this and ignore its violence and integrate just fine with western culture. But sadly it is used as a justification for violence by a number of extremists.
Reply 46
Original post by BaconandSauce
Obviously the Muslim who stabbed a Jew while shouting 'allah cafe bar' did

Oh you are a droll little fellow aren't you?
Why is the ideological motivation so important? Surely the fact that two completely innocent Muslims were killed in the streets of NY should shock you.

Are you trolling or genuinely unable to work this out for yourself? If it wasn't ideologically motivated, then what the hell does it have to do with this crime? Your response was already whataboutery, but at least I thought you were attempting to add some balance to the discussion by trying to show that while Jews might occasionally be persecuted by Muslims for being Jews, Muslims are also sometimes persecuted for being Muslims. If those Muslims in New York weren't killed by someone who was ideologically against Muslims, then they're just a couple other people out of the hundreds murdered in New York every year; it wasn't persecution of Muslims it was just garden variety murder. If that is the case, what the hell does it have to do with this story?
Original post by Napp
Oh you are a droll little fellow aren't you?

Just honest when asked asinine questions
I've read parts of it and it is despicable, yes, but it was written for a different society 1500 years ago - the vast majority of Muslims are decent enough to realise this and ignore its violence and integrate just fine with western culture. But sadly it is used as a justification for violence by a number of extremists.

You're half right, most Muslims are decent but the ones that kill in the name of Islam don't use it "as a justification" they are directly inspired by it. Read "why we hate you" in the latest issue of ISIS' magazine Dabiq and you may understand.
Original post by KingBradly
Are you trolling or genuinely unable to work this out for yourself? If it wasn't ideologically motivated, then what the hell does it have to do with this crime? Your response was already whataboutery, but at least I thought you were attempting to add some balance to the discussion by trying to show that while Jews might occasionally be persecuted by Muslims for being Jews, Muslims are also sometimes persecuted for being Muslims. If those Muslims in New York weren't killed by someone who was ideologically against Muslims, then they're just a couple other people out of the hundreds murdered in New York every year; it wasn't persecution of Muslims it was just garden variety murder. If that is the case, what the hell does it have to do with this story?

I'm just wondering why you think the 'ideological' tag means the case is worse?

ie - why you think the unknown motive for shooting two Muslims is lesser than the likely extremist Islamic motive for wounding this Jewish person
You're half right, most Muslims are decent but the ones that kill in the name of Islam don't use it "as a justification" they are directly inspired by it. Read "why we hate you" in the latest issue of ISIS' magazine Dabiq and you may understand.

I don't believe ISIS are representative of the wider Muslim community, they hate us, but they don't speak on behalf of a large number of Muslims at all. They in fact kill more Muslims than any other religious/ethnic group.
I don't believe ISIS are representative of the wider Muslim community, they hate us, but they don't speak on behalf of a large number of Muslims at all. They in fact kill more Muslims than any other religious/ethnic group.

That's entirely accurate and also entirely irrelevant as I never said they did speak for all Muslims. Isis and their ilk speak only for themselves and what they tell us ad nauseum is that they kill us because we are infidels. Your obfuscation helps noone especially the innocent Muslims who are killed by the fanatics who take the Koran literally.

This podcast will explain it all
https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/what-do-jihadists-really-want
That's entirely accurate and also entirely irrelevant as I never said they did speak for all Muslims. Isis and their ilk speak only for themselves and what they tell us ad nauseum is that they kill us because we are infidels. Your obfuscation helps noone especially the innocent Muslims who are killed by the fanatics who take the Koran literally.

This podcast will explain it all
https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/what-do-jihadists-really-want

If ISIS take the Quran literally, then they are ignoring the sections which forbid aggressive warfare, which encourage treating guests with upmost respect, which forbids killing or terrorism for a political cause, which forbids imposing Islam onto others, which forbids executing women/child prisoners.

If the problem is extremists nitpicking what to follow from the Quran and what not to follow, the fault is with the extremists and not the religion.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Lets not pretend that there wasn't already a huge problem. Most of the latest terrorists I have heard about had been brought up in Europe. Merkel just spread the goodness to Germany.

Can I ask you to picture a world in which no countries in Europe welcomed refugees, and all refugees had to stay where they landed, in Greece, Italy, Turkey?

We might physically be better off, but shoving the problem somewhere else doesn't make it go away. Instead of making just Italy and Greece and Turkey suffer, the problem was mitigated over a much larger area, possibly saving the already suffering economies of these two countries.

Not to mention the fact that a vast number of terrorist attacks in the last 3 years have been done by home-grown extremists, and aren't exclusively refugees/migrants.
Original post by BobSausage
Once the link between them and ISIS is 'shockingly' unveiled, we should treat them the same way ISIS treat our people who they capture, torture, burn alive, run over in lorries.

I certainly hope by "them" you're not referring to Muslims in general.
Can I ask you to picture a world in which, during WWII, the entire male populations of Russia, France, the UK, China, etc. just ran off to Switzerland and the US?

P.S. Greece and Italy are in Europe. Imo, so are parts of Turkey.

New refugees -> even more of a problem with terrorists

Not relevant at all. And you realise the migrants are literally crossing the sea illegally to find better lands?

You CAN'T "close the door" on Europe, and vice-verse, Merkel didn't "open the door" - she just responded to the crisis that was already occurring, migrants/refugees were crossing the Mediterranean a while before she welcomed them.

The world would be in a worse state if we had let Italy and Greece out to dry.

New refugees would be coming to Europe even if we actively said they would be turned away. So you can be all stuck-up and cry about how they're causing problems, but how about offering a realistic solution? And forcibly deporting millions of unregistered people isn't a solution, nor is using NATO warships to shoot refugee boats. I dread to think what the world would look like with people like you in charge.
I'm just wondering why you think the 'ideological' tag means the case is worse?

ie - why you think the unknown motive for shooting two Muslims is lesser than the likely extremist Islamic motive for wounding this Jewish person

Well in this case the guy shouted "Allahu Ackbar", so it's pretty obviously ideologically motivated. The other one could have been for any reason imaginable. It seems that you don't think there was anything to indicate it being ideologically motivated, or in the name of persecuting Muslims.
Leaving their families behind...

I beg to differ. Lets have a unified, armed, European border force, who detain migrants on islands, and don't run a taxi service (unlike the Italian navy).

So don't leave them out to dry. Make ships turn back before reaching European shores. (I'll repeat that Italy and Greece are in Europe).

I agree, and so we need to be stronger than just issuing strongly worded messages

How is leaving their families behind relevant? Some of them are, many aren't.

Do you have any idea how expensive it would be to patrol the massive Mediterranean sea with boats and soldiers, to patrol the shores of Europe, to find and detain illegal immigrants, and to just dump them in Turkey or somewhere? That is not an option, not only would it cost trillions, but it would also be denounced on the world stage for actively fuelling a refugee crisis and forcing Turkey or another country to suffer the full effects, while we also contribute towards the very bombing from which some of these people are running away from, and while we also do nothing to stop the conflict which originally uprooted these peoples' lives.

You have not thought this through, leaving out Italy/Greece to dry will affect us eventually. Isolationism, as the 1930s has shown us, never prevents the problems of Europe from affecting us, it just delays them and makes them more impactful when they finally hit us.

You're unqualified to be making such absurd statements about how the entire Mediterranean should be and 'can be' patrolled.

And your other master solution is 'strongly worded messages'. Lol, you would be a tragic world leader.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending