The Student Room Group

Can I be rejected after verbal offer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zoethemermaid
No one has mentioned GCSEs previously though. It wasn't a condition of my offer. I hadn't been asked for my grades even verbally so it's not like like need proof of something I said.

GCSEs are a standard requirement pretty much everywhere and may be buried in the small print. You need to talk about this with the university directly.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
GCSEs are a standard requirement pretty much everywhere and may be buried in the small print. You need to talk about this with the university directly.

I have spoken to them, I definitely need copies of my results. Luckily, AQA said they will look for these at the same time as my A Levels but it can take up to 8 weeks for these to be sent out to me. By which time it may be too late.
I have spoken to them, I definitely need copies of my results. Luckily, AQA said they will look for these at the same time as my A Levels but it can take up to 8 weeks for these to be sent out to me. By which time it may be too late.

The best thing to do is to keep them onside by informing them of the steps you are taking to get the certificate, because you certainly aren't the first this has happened to, and the universities do understand that mature students often have difficulties with this.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
The best thing to do is to keep them onside by informing them of the steps you are taking to get the certificate, because you certainly aren't the first this has happened to, and the universities do understand that mature students often have difficulties with this.

Thanks you, hope they are understanding as I'm getting really upset about all this now. Going to my mum's and my nana's houses today to ransack them and see if I have the originals anywhere!
Thanks you, hope they are understanding as I'm getting really upset about all this now. Going to my mum's and my nana's houses today to ransack them and see if I have the originals anywhere!

Good luck! They aren't the kind of things proud parents tend to throw away, so you'll probably find them.:smile:
Hey, I noticed you've to the same uni as my sister. She received the same e-mail and is yet to have her place confirmed on UCAS. We are getting quite worried too and I'm unsure why it's taking this long to process everything. It did mention in the e-mail though that it may take up to 5 working days so fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending