The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire - Adult Nursing Jan 2017

Has anyone else been accepted onto the adult nursing course for January 2017?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soph95.
Has anyone else been accepted onto the adult nursing course for January 2017?

Me... Excited but nervous. I'm 29 and this will be my second degree. Can't wait to start but have 2 little children so little bit anxious too
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nikki250687
Me... Excited but nervous. I'm 29 and this will be my second degree. Can't wait to start but have 2 little children so little bit anxious too

Ah same! I'm 21 and this will be my 2nd degree too. I'm pretty nervous too, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I think it's nice to get to know people beforehand, should help:-)
What did you study before? What uni did you go to?
I don't think there will be many of us yet as there are only 80 spaces for the Jan intake and not all of those spaces are filled.
Will you be living at home or on campus?
Reply 4
Ah okay, guess that's why people haven't started a thread yet. I went to York St John uni and studied psychology, how about you?. I live 50 minutes away so thinking about staying in halls but not sure how that works for a Jan intake. Will you be staying at home or halls?
I have a degree in Psychology too but I finished that 8 years ago now! I went to London Met uni. I'll be staying at home as I have a family. I'm not too far away though, probably half hour drive if traffic is good. I live is Essex.
Was your interview recently for the nursing course? I only had mine a few weeks ago

You'll do just fine. One of my daughters did the same degree at Hertfordshire and she was a single mum to two youngsters. She is now a Ward Sister on the Cardiac Unit at the local hospital.
Good luck.
Reply 7
I have a degree in Psychology too but I finished that 8 years ago now! I went to London Met uni. I'll be staying at home as I have a family. I'm not too far away though, probably half hour drive if traffic is good. I live is Essex.
Was your interview recently for the nursing course? I only had mine a few weeks ago

Ah okay, was worried other people with degrees would be doing the MSc course instead. I had my interview about 4 weeks ago, so not that long ago.
There were a lot in my interview that were doing the masters but there were already no spaces left for Sept so some of them may have got offers for the BSc course. It was no good for me as the placements could be anywhere in London whereas ours will all be in Hertfordshire. Hopefully more people will join the sight soon.
Original post by Seamus123
You'll do just fine. One of my daughters did the same degree at Hertfordshire and she was a single mum to two youngsters. She is now a Ward Sister on the Cardiac Unit at the local hospital.
Good luck.

Ah that's good to hear, thanks for the reassurance
I just received my offer today for January intake and will be accepting! Looks like i'll be seeing you guys there! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by JadeJasmine
I just received my offer today for January intake and will be accepting! Looks like i'll be seeing you guys there! :smile:

Ah that's good! Are you staying in halls or commuting? :-)
Original post by soph95.
Ah that's good! Are you staying in halls or commuting? :-)

I'll be commuting as I'm based in WGC :smile:
I just deferred from September to January so ill be seeing you all there :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Alibeaumont
I just deferred from September to January so ill be seeing you all there :smile:

Ooh okay! Everyone so far seems to be commuting to uni, are you?
Original post by soph95.
Ooh okay! Everyone so far seems to be commuting to uni, are you?

Hey! yeah I will be commuting - I live in Bedfordshire so hopefully it wont take too long! Are you commuting? :smile:
Reply 16
Hey! yeah I will be commuting - I live in Bedfordshire so hopefully it wont take too long! Are you commuting? :smile:

Ah fair enoug, I have a feeling most people will be commuting for the Jan intake. I'll be staying in halls as I live in Buckinghamshire and don't have a car :-)
Original post by soph95.
Ah fair enoug, I have a feeling most people will be commuting for the Jan intake. I'll be staying in halls as I live in Buckinghamshire and don't have a car :-)

Oh ok at least you will get to meet loads of people! Do you have the course timetable through yet? :smile:
Reply 18
Oh ok at least you will get to meet loads of people! Do you have the course timetable through yet? :smile:

Yeah hopefully! No I haven't got the timetable yet, have you?
Original post by soph95.
Yeah hopefully! No I haven't got the timetable yet, have you?

No not yet, hoping to get it soon though!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest