The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Alright, thanks, that helped a lot.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
when do we get our accommodation offers if we just got in today?
Original post by jess_12
when do we get our accommodation offers if we just got in today?

You should get them from Monday 22nd Aug onwards! It may not be on Monday, but probable sometime during that week.
Original post by mobbsy91
You should get them from Monday 22nd Aug onwards! It may not be on Monday, but probable sometime during that week.

Indeed, the office now has to allocate everyone now we know who's coming :smile:
Would you guys who live there say it's too far into Norwich? It looks far compared to say Lincoln, which has the city on its doorstep.
Original post by HotshotJacko
Would you guys who live there say it's too far into Norwich? It looks far compared to say Lincoln, which has the city on its doorstep.

Lived on campus for a year and then near the uni for another 3 and I didn't find it a long distance at all. Its only 20 minute bus ride to the centre or closer to 15 in a taxi, that goes by in a flash, especially when you are talking to others.
I have the confirmation letter on UCAS for UEA,now what should I do? I want to apply for jobs in the UEA area before i go? @mobbsy91
Original post by scrawlx101
I have the confirmation letter on UCAS for UEA,now what should I do? I want to apply for jobs in the UEA area before i go? @mobbsy91

If it's all confirmed then yay!! Did you get in through clearing, or was it your first choice?? If in through clearing/insurance, then it's time to look at accommodation!!
Original post by mobbsy91
If it's all confirmed then yay!! Did you get in through clearing, or was it your first choice?? If in through clearing/insurance, then it's time to look at accommodation!!

first choice,am I meant to make a n account or anything and are there any FB groups for UEA,can't tell if the freshers uea thing is real or not..
first choice,am I meant to make a n account or anything and are there any FB groups for UEA,can't tell if the freshers uea thing is real or not..

The only official one is this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/192565181116116/
Have u lot got the uea accommodation email saying their email u on mon 22?
Have u lot got the uea accommodation email saying their email u on mon 22?

I did:smile:

As above, and accom email will come some time next week (they're sorting it now!) and then you'll get an email about properly registering, where you set your password, get email access, timetable...
I got into UEA through clearing and have been trying to pick my preferences of accommodation. I have been unable to create an account however, the site keeps saying that I am giving an invalid student reference number, has anyone else experienced this problem? Also I'm sure its been mentioned earlier in the thread but does anyone know how far the village is from the actual campus and lecture halls?
Original post by iclayton
I got into UEA through clearing and have been trying to pick my preferences of accommodation. I have been unable to create an account however, the site keeps saying that I am giving an invalid student reference number, has anyone else experienced this problem? Also I'm sure its been mentioned earlier in the thread but does anyone know how far the village is from the actual campus and lecture halls?

I can't comment on the first part but the near part of the village is immediately opposite the edge of campus. Walking from there to the furthest part of campus where some lectures will be takes less than 15 minutes and most places are much closer than that.
Does anyone know what time the room offers will be sent out today?
Original post by Terminator01

It can be from any time onwards, however, it's worth noting you may not receive yours today! You might receive it over the next few days, so don't be alarmed if you don't receive it today!
How far is hickling house to the main buildings? Just got my room offer and i'm not too keen on walking too far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Terminator01

I just got my room offer and it was sent to my junk mail. You should probably check there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeprincess
How far is hickling house to the main buildings? Just got my room offer and i'm not too keen on walking too far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really not far! Perhaps 500m, if that! Probably a 5 min walk if you're not really really slow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending