The Student Room Group

Cambridge Summer Pool 2016

Thought it would be good to have a thread for those who have been put into the summer pool. Thanks for Peterhouse for the advice:

- If you haven't been confirmed by Cambridge, you should call your college as soon as possible
- Colleges will decide if you're in the pool by 4pm today
- They should let you know if you've been picked by 6pm tomorrow

Let us know if you've been put in the pool and how you get on :smile:

Update information:

Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Don't phone unless you have a real time pressure (overseas university or you've missed your insurance) or if you want to be released from Cambridge.

Emailing your UMS and contact details and waiting is all you can do. I know it is stressful but please be patient.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
Thought it would be good to have a thread for those who have been put into the summer pool. Thanks for Peterhouse for the advice:

- If you haven't been confirmed by Cambridge, you should call your college as soon as possible
- Colleges will decide if you're in the pool by 4pm today
- They should let you know if you've been picked by 6pm tomorrow

Let us know if you've been put in the pool and how you get on :smile:

Don't phone unless you have a real time pressure (overseas university or you've missed your insurance) or if you want to be released from Cambridge.

Emailing your UMS and contact details and waiting is all you can do. I know it is stressful but please be patient.
Reply 2
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions

I'll add this advice to the OP :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone in the same boat (Summer Pool) too?
is it possible to enter the pool if you didn't apply to cambridge this year?
Original post by jimjam1997
is it possible to enter the pool if you didn't apply to cambridge this year?

No. The only way to enter in 2016 is to have been made an offer in January. There is no way to consider new applicants now or to reconsider those rejected in January.
Reply 6
Original post by lihong210
Anyone in the same boat (Summer Pool) too?

Yep, What subject are you doing?
Reply 7
In the summer pool as well, for deferred entry to engineering :smile:
Reply 8
Been put in the summer pool as well, for Nat Sci (Bio) but I'm not counting on it
Reply 9
Me too... for Medicine! Not counting on anything though
Original post by mt98
Been put in the summer pool as well, for Nat Sci (Bio) but I'm not counting on it

I'm in the summer NatSci (Bio) too! How close to your offer were you? :smile:
I'm in the summer pool (I think) for Linguistics. I haven't been told that I'm in it, but that's what I'm guessing, seeing as my UCAS track still hasn't been updated, and they said I was still being considered this morning when I phoned up Queens' College. I was only 2 and 3 UMS off A* in my top two subjects (AAA) so I'll wait and see if I'm pooled before getting remarks :/
Reply 12
How likely is it that a med applicant will be accepted in the summer pool?
Reply 13
Original post by loveexams
I'm in the summer pool (I think) for Linguistics. I haven't been told that I'm in it, but that's what I'm guessing, seeing as my UCAS track still hasn't been updated, and they said I was still being considered this morning when I phoned up Queens' College. I was only 2 and 3 UMS off A* in my top two subjects (AAA) so I'll wait and see if I'm pooled before getting remarks :/

I had to specifically ask whether I had been for Queens, so I'm guessing your assumption is right :smile:
Has anyone heard yet? The wait is killing me:frown:
Hey I received a phone call today at 3:58pm and did receive an offer. I am wishing you all the best of luck!
Can I ask which college called you?

Congrats, btw! :smile:
Clare said I'd find out by the 'end of today' if another college is going to take my application... Anyone else know if they've got in?
Really worried I've not had anything by now :frown:
I got in for History and my UCAS has not changed yet
Original post by ilovegoats
Hey I received a phone call today at 3:58pm and did receive an offer. I am wishing you all the best of luck!

Which college and what were your grades if you don't mind me asking?🙄
Well done!!

Quick Reply