The Student Room Group

Crisis, help me pls

nnn
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellabritbrit
Hey everyone,

I have a slight problem in the sense that I have completely fallen in love with a bunch of university's which require a minimum of a B grade in GCSE English language, however, I flunked on the day and pulled out a C grade :frown:

To give some context, I'm on target for a minimum of AAA at A2, and am predicted A* A* A, so the fact that I cannot apply for a course such as History at Kings College which requires AAA but a B grade and above in English language, is relatively devastating for me...

I have spoken to my school and asked to retake my GCSE and have received a decline in my request, based simply on the fact that my new school only offer IGCSE retakes for students with a 'D' and below, but I took GCSE and have a C...

Was just wondering if you guys had any advice on what to do?

Thanks everyone ahhh

You honestly need to be more realistic and start looking at other universities to be perfectly honest.

Or, the only other thing I can suggest is you get find a college or another school and ask them to entire you in their GCSE English Language as a private student which will cost a lot more. But if you're predicted A*s, then I'm sure you're capable of getting a B at GCSE English?

Good luck!
Original post by ellabritbrit
Hey everyone,

I have a slight problem in the sense that I have completely fallen in love with a bunch of university's which require a minimum of a B grade in GCSE English language, however, I flunked on the day and pulled out a C grade :frown:

To give some context, I'm on target for a minimum of AAA at A2, and am predicted A* A* A, so the fact that I cannot apply for a course such as History at Kings College which requires AAA but a B grade and above in English language, is relatively devastating for me...

I have spoken to my school and asked to retake my GCSE and have received a decline in my request, based simply on the fact that my new school only offer IGCSE retakes for students with a 'D' and below, but I took GCSE and have a C...

Was just wondering if you guys had any advice on what to do?

Thanks everyone ahhh

Don't listen to them! Do it privately. It's much MUCH easier than you'd think. Seriously. Email them now if you can do it privately. Just missing a GCSE should not affect your chances at a level. Don't be crazy you can still go to those places. He needs Lun start a level GCSE English seems like a pisstake anyway
A long shot, but could you do GCSE English as a "home" student with ICS or someone similar?
nn
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest