The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

So who else has got a place and what are you studying?
I'm doing psychology with the professional placement :h:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Mysticmeg
So who else has got a place and what are you studying?
I'm doing psychology with the professional placement :h:

aah i'm doing the exact same degree! :biggrin:
I'm doing English lit :smile:
Original post by aquamelon
aah i'm doing the exact same degree! :biggrin:

Congratulations on getting in! :banana2:
What did you put as you're top accommodation choice if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Adelemyqueen

Well I hope you enjoy your course! When I was in high school I considered doing English literature before I finally decided on psychology.
Congratulations on getting in! :banana2:
What did you put as you're top accommodation choice if you don't mind me asking?

actually my accommodation was assigned today! i didn't get my first choice (which... i don't actually remember haha) but i got senghennydd court. how about you?
Reply 7
how come some people wait longer than others to find out? Worried I'll end up with one of my last few choices at this rate :s
Original post by aquamelon
actually my accommodation was assigned today! i didn't get my first choice (which... i don't actually remember haha) but i got senghennydd court. how about you?

I put Talybont Gate as my first choice but am yet to be allocated accommodation. A lot of people think it's too far away but I don't mind a bit of walking and I prefer the look of the flats and rooms. Since I pretty much put all of the Talybont residences for my top choices I'll probably end up somewhere in Talybont. :cute:
Reply 9
Original post by Adelemyqueen

Same! Joint honors with History though :smile:
Original post by SPKazoo
how come some people wait longer than others to find out? Worried I'll end up with one of my last few choices at this rate :s

When did you apply? I applied quite late in mid July and haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 11
When did you apply? I applied quite late in mid July and haven't heard anything yet.

Mid April. I know its too early to worry yet but lots of people are starting to find out!
Reply 12
I'm studying Computer Science this year and staying in Senghenydd Court (I'm in House B, Ground Floor, Flat 1, Room 2, let me know if you're in the same one :P), can't wait, just been looking online to try and find people who are studying/living with me so I can break the ice early. :-)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SPKazoo
Mid April. I know its too early to worry yet but lots of people are starting to find out!

I definitely wouldn't worry yet; in the e-mail that I got on results day confirming my place, they said I should hear about accommodation within 5 working days, so you should definitely hear by the end of next week!!

I applied in mid-April and heard today for Talybont North (House A, Floor 3, Flat 11 if anyone else is in Taly North!!) so you should hopefully hear soon. But whatever happens, don't worry - Cardiff guarantee accommodation for first year students who applied before August, so you should be good :smile:
Is anyone getting the meningitis W vaccine? I'm certainly not looking forward to it. Needles, ugh :ashamed2:
Reply 15
hello guys , i ll start my course in september i passed my exams :biggrin: and i ll study mechanical engineering
Original post by gamidia
hello guys , i ll start my course in september i passed my exams :biggrin: and i ll study mechanical engineering

Do you know where you'll be staying yet?
I had to get that today, aches loads😭 I'm doing neuroscience but haven't been given accommodation yet... Should I be worried
Original post by Lfallon97
I had to get that today, aches loads😭 I'm doing neuroscience but haven't been given accommodation yet... Should I be worried

Nah, it's fine. They generally can take up to a week or two to assign accommodation, and even then there can be changes. I got mine on Thursday and I have to contact them about moving because my health's worsened since I applied and being on the first floor won't help. :s-smilie:

Congrats on Neuroscience though! I'm in for Social Analytics :smile:
Original post by Lfallon97

I wouldn't worry. I haven't been given accommodation either yet. I think they said we should be allocated accommodation within 5 working days and it's only been 2 so far.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending