The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*breaks the ice*

Anyone staying at Canterbury?
Feel free to message me :h:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kwame502
*breaks the ice*

Anyone staying at Canterbury?
Feel free to message me :h:

Yo - you Ghanian?
Reply 3
Original post by Dnkz7
Yo - you Ghanian?

Yeah my name is always a dead giveaway :colondollar:
You?
Reply 4
Yeah my name is always a dead giveaway :colondollar:
You?

Biggest hint is I'm originally from across the border if you've heard of Aflao.
Another deadringer is Adebayor.

What course you gonna study?
Reply 5
Original post by Dnkz7
Biggest hint is I'm originally from across the border if you've heard of Aflao.
Another deadringer is Adebayor.

What course you gonna study?

Biology
What about you?
And what accommodation did you apply for?
Reply 6
Biology
What about you?
And what accommodation did you apply for?

I'm applying this September, and I'm looking at Kent as one the uni's.
What made you want to come to Kent, were they okay with grades like what is their leniency like?
Reply 7
Original post by Dnkz7
I'm applying this September, and I'm looking at Kent as one the uni's.
What made you want to come to Kent, were they okay with grades like what is their leniency like?

Great location, not too far and I really like the modules/structure for my course. Also seems to have a friendly community and is well ranked.

They do seem very lenient, my friend and I both missed our offers by two grades and were still accepted (needed ABB) but this may partly have been because we both firmed Kent and we still did well in the subjects we wanted to study. I have also heard similar stories from others about this so it seems to be fairly common for Kent.
Reply 8
Great location, not too far and I really like the modules/structure for my course. Also seems to have a friendly community and is well ranked.

They do seem very lenient, my friend and I both missed our offers by two grades and were still accepted (needed ABB) but this may partly have been because we both firmed Kent and we still did well in the subjects we wanted to study. I have also heard similar stories from others about this so it seems to be fairly common for Kent.

Do you live in the Gravesham-Medway area by any chance or are you a Londoner?
Reply 9
Original post by Dnkz7
Do you live in the Gravesham-Medway area by any chance or are you a Londoner?

Greater London so not in the main area.
Reply 10
Greater London so not in the main area.

You planning on going to any Freshers events with your mate?
Hello Everyone, looking forward to studying at Kent ☺️
Hi guys, I'm going to b doing politics with English language and linguistics; has everyone sorted their accommodation out yet?:h:
Hi Nicky! I have sorted out my accommodation but I changed it a few times. Can't wait to find out about accommodation next week 😊
Original post by kiki_123
Hi Nicky! I have sorted out my accommodation but I changed it a few times. Can't wait to find out about accommodation next week 😊

Oh, so we're getting the accommodation offers next week? Good to know, I was getting a bit nervous :smile:
Original post by Isabel ia
Oh, so we're getting the accommodation offers next week? Good to know, I was getting a bit nervous :smile:

Yes, we are, i totally forgot what I put as my first choice, what did you put? :smile:
Yes, we are, i totally forgot what I put as my first choice, what did you put? :smile:

Parkwood, Twin Ensuite. :smile: Although honestly, my first three choices are pretty much equivalent to me. You can always log into the Hospitality Portal to check your choices.
Original post by Faithams
I'm second year now, do Biomed. Same modules as Bio first year. Good luck lmao

Thanks

Hi! You get to change it? May I ask what you've put? My first choice is Tyler Court :smile:
Original post by Nicky_Pans
Hi! You get to change it? May I ask what you've put? My first choice is Tyler Court :smile:

Yep, you can change it, I changed it before deadline. So is mine, it's Tyler court A and found out yesterday that I got the offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending