The Student Room Group

Medical schools that like achieved A-Levels

Hey there

I've finished my A-Levels and got 3A*s yesterday in maths bio and chem. I will be applying to medical school this October and was wondering whether there were any universities that liked applicants with high achieved a-levels? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hey there

I've finished my A-Levels and got 3A*s yesterday in maths bio and chem. I will be applying to medical school this October and was wondering whether there were any universities that liked applicants with high achieved a-levels? :smile:

Congratulations of so high grades!
You should definitely try with Oxbridge and Imperial :smile:
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hey there

Cambridge would probably love you.

Edit: Under the assumption that your GCSEs are likely good, you can pretty much apply anywhere, provides that you have not completed the A Levels over the 3 years and that your GCSES, are in fact, good.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Cambridge would probably love you.

Edit: Under the assumption that your GCSEs are likely good, you can pretty much apply anywhere, provides that you have not completed the A Levels over the 3 years and that your GCSES, are in fact, good.

I was considering Oxbridge but I'm not really a fan of the traditional teaching style. I would love to study somewhere with a good amount of clinical exposure from year 1. Thank you anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Miceely
Congratulations of so high grades!
You should definitely try with Oxbridge and Imperial :smile:

I'm not really a fan of the traditional teaching style at Oxbridge. With regards to Imperial, I had a look at their course but annoyingly they do not look at your application as a whole - they give you an immediate rejection if you don't meet their BMAT cut off score. UCL on the other hand do look at your application holistically which is why I'm more slightly inclined towards there. Thanks :smile:
Congrats on the achievement :smile: you did amazingly!!
Do you mind if I ask how you did in your GCSE's?
I know that Leicester give you extra points for achieved A-Levels, that could be an option. Congrats on the results!
Original post by greys-anatomy
Congrats on the achievement :smile: you did amazingly!!
Do you mind if I ask how you did in your GCSE's?

Thanks a lot. For GCSEs I got 6A*s, 3As and 1B :smile:
Original post by BioChemWizard
I know that Leicester give you extra points for achieved A-Levels, that could be an option. Congrats on the results!

Thanks a lot! Yeahh I'm already considering Leicester but they also give you points for your UKCAT score so fingers crossed if I do well in that my application would stand a good chance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest