The Student Room Group

How would you interpret these grades into GPA?

I'm applying to university in the USA and I was just wondering what you would estimate (I know there is no real conversion) my grades to be if put on a 4.0 GPA system. Taking them all into account what would you say I'm at?

GCSE:
A* A* A* A A A A A B (3A* 5A 1B)

AS:
A A B

Predictions:
A A A
There is no real conversion, generally speaking

But your grades are alright so you could apply to some mid-slightly higher tier unis, depending on your ECAs/essays
Original post by nicole236
I'm applying to university in the USA and I was just wondering what you would estimate (I know there is no real conversion) my grades to be if put on a 4.0 GPA system. Taking them all into account what would you say I'm at?

GCSE:
A* A* A* A A A A A B (3A* 5A 1B)

AS:
A A B

Predictions:
A A A

Hey,

There is no real conversion, but many US universities will be used to international students (especially those from the UK) applying. Each may have their own conversion scheme so your US "GPA" will likely vary. With the majority of your grades being A's, you may expect to have a 3.5+ GPA.

If you're applying for schools in the US, know that they're very interested in extra-curriculars. Good grades can help a lot, but volunteering, being part of projects or clubs, and so on can really push you ahead of others.

All the best,

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending