The Student Room Group

Help with A-Level choices

I'm going into sixth form this September and have applied for Biology, Psychology, Geography and Economics but I want to change economics to something else but I'm not sure what.

First of all, are these good A-Level subjects and do they go well together? I have read that biology and geography are counted as facilitating subjects by Russell universities.

Second, I was thinking of changing economics to chemistry but I know from others experiences that it is very hard so what could I take rather than chemistry that would go well with the subjects I have picked?
Reply 1
Sociology would definitely go well with the Psychology if you want.
Original post by PinkLady500
I'm going into sixth form this September and have applied for Biology, Psychology, Geography and Economics but I want to change economics to something else but I'm not sure what.

First of all, are these good A-Level subjects and do they go well together? I have read that biology and geography are counted as facilitating subjects by Russell universities.

Second, I was thinking of changing economics to chemistry but I know from others experiences that it is very hard so what could I take rather than chemistry that would go well with the subjects I have picked?

I would honestly tell you right now that do not subjects that you do not like or there is a chance that you wont like them. I have just finished my first year and I did chemistry, biology, English language and media

When I did my GCSE's I loved all these and I got A in science and B in English and A in media. However A level Science is extremely harder then GCSE and the first year of biology is very very hard and boring and because I also did chemistry it is a lot to take in.

I would say do a subject that you are passionate about do not just do subjects because they look good at uni's my friend is going to a Russle group and they did Media, Phycology and English Lit so trust me when I say it's not all about the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest